VSTi Naming and saving

Post your bug reports/problems here

Moderators: davidv, seb@plogue

NTO

VSTi Naming and saving

Postby NTO » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:50 pm

Two items
I'm using a VSTi in a DAW project, When created I renamed the interface as shown here.
2017-04-20_BiduleVST_RecordLinkQuestion.png
2017-04-20_BiduleVST_RecordLinkQuestion.png (26.77 KiB) Viewed 184 times

1. However when I close and re-open the project it always opens as Bidule Plugin 1. The name is not retained.

2. Just FWIW, if I open the saved Bidule from the stand alone 'Recent files' - it comes up with the rename, but it's an audio interface with the other (midi) elements shown!
2017-04-20_Bidule_StandAloneVSTiLoad.png
2017-04-20_Bidule_StandAloneVSTiLoad.png (12.51 KiB) Viewed 184 times

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Re: VSTi Naming and saving

Postby seb@plogue » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:58 am

1. However when I close and re-open the project it always opens as Bidule Plugin 1. The name is not retained.

The code forces renaming to the internal name_counter scheme, not sure why but tracking through source history, it seems to have been the case for a long time, I'll need to look into it to figure out why/if it can be changed.

2. Just FWIW, if I open the saved Bidule from the stand alone 'Recent files' - it comes up with the rename, but it's an audio interface with the other (midi) elements shown!

That would be normal, there is logic to swap a plugin device for an audio device and the other way around depending on the loading context.

Return to “Bidule Bugs and Problems”