VST not found in Cubase 8 Pro

Post your bug reports/problems here

Moderators: eric_telemaque, davidv, seb@plogue

qualitypetrol

VST not found in Cubase 8 Pro

Postby qualitypetrol » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:22 pm

Hi, i just bought a chipcrusher license. I installed the software, put the .png in a place i could easily get to. I launch Cubase, chipcrusher doesnt show up in the vst effects list. verified the folder where the .dll resides and re-scanned the plugin list, doesnt help. What should i do??

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Re: VST not found in Cubase 8 Pro

Postby seb@plogue » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:07 am

Does the Plugin Manager in Cubase show the plugins that haven't passed its scan? (I can't recall if it does)
If it does, is there any status/error message for chipcrusher.

Which Windows version are you using? Is your computer connected to the Internet?

We have recently moved to a newer code signing certificate and we have seen one case where the needed root certificate wasn't
there because the computer has no network connection and thus doesn't have updated certificates.

If you go to c:\Program Files\Plogue\Aria and go to the digital signatures tab of the properties on either aria_x86 or aria_x64.dll
and click on details, what does it say on the General tab?

qualitypetrol

Postby qualitypetrol » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:04 am

Hi, thanks for your reply. The Plugin Manager gives a popup after re-scanning the vst folders, mentioning only the number of newly found vst's. But that number remains at zero after installing chipcrusher, and there is no other indication in Cubase of it being installed... i searched the list by Vendor name and by plugin name, etc. The plugin is simply not recognized. I have to admit that my pc is indeed offline, because of safety precautions. Is the possible lack of certificates solvable by installing the Windows (essential only?) updates? When i go to steinberg\vstplugins\plogue art et technologies\ i see the file chipcrusher VST_x64.dll . rightclick and open digital signatures tab: Digest algorithm = sha1. Timestamp = monday 2 March 2015. The details button on the Digital signatures tab is greyed out so i can't click it.

eric_telemaque

Postby eric_telemaque » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:19 am

qualitypetrol wrote: When i go to steinberg\vstplugins\plogue art et technologies\ i see the file chipcrusher VST_x64.dll . rightclick and open digital signatures tab: Digest algorithm = sha1. Timestamp = monday 2 March 2015. The details button on the Digital signatures tab is greyed out so i can't click it.

Hi,

The plug-in's signature won't tell us much. Can you check c:\Program Files\Plogue\Aria
and go to the digital signatures tab of the properties on either aria_x86.dll or aria_x64.dll and click on details, what does it say on the General tab?

Cheers
Éric Patenaude,
Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
http://www.plogue.com

qualitypetrol

Postby qualitypetrol » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:54 pm

Ok, i read your previous post too fast it seems. So i checked the aria_x64.dll in the folder you mentioned:

This digital signature is OK

Name: Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
E-mail: contact@plogue.com
Signing time: Wed. 6 May 2015
Name of signer: GlobalSign for MS Authenticode - G2.

When i click 'view certificate' this definitely caught my attention:

Valid from 28/01/2013 to 28/04/2016

eric_telemaque

Postby eric_telemaque » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:05 pm

We've communicated with you privately to provide you with a solution (check your private messages).
Éric Patenaude,
Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
http://www.plogue.com

qualitypetrol

Postby qualitypetrol » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:18 pm

Up and running, thanks for the help!

Return to “chipcrusher Bugs and Problems”