Help w/Bidule VSTi

General Discussion about Plogue Bidule

Moderators: vincent@plogue, davidv, seb@plogue

NTO

Help w/Bidule VSTi

Postby NTO » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:37 pm

Just starting to use this, and am totally perplexed. How do I access the host parameters? I see the VSTi has like 512 undefined parameters, but how do I link them. In my initial trial I want the file recorder start to be linked to the host play (like I do w/Bidule's own player), but can't see my way...
(Any and all info on the VSTi and its use would be welcomed)
TIA

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Re: Help w/Bidule VSTi

Postby seb@plogue » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:55 am

The 512 parameters of Bidule Plugin are the ones that show up in the host for automation (you can link them to any loaded bidules/plugins).

To get the sync information from the host, use a sync extractor synced to Bidule Plugin.

NTO

Postby NTO » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:47 am

Hey Seb!
Thanks, but sorry. I have the sync (I think), but want a (linkable) start on play like I get w/Bidule's own File Player.

I see the sync extractor has a status 'playing'. Do I have to create my own linkable parameter from that?

EDIT: The sync extractor doesn't seem to know the host is playing either. Monitor on that status not changing when play is pressed. Don't see how to link sync extractor to host either!?
EDIT2: Also noted - Sync Extractor doesn't note BPM either,,,
2017-04-20_BiduleVST_RecordLinkQuestion.png
2017-04-20_BiduleVST_RecordLinkQuestion.png (26.77 KiB) Viewed 62 times
Last edited by NTO on Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jersmi

Postby jersmi » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:29 pm

So when you hit play/stop in your host you want the file recorder in Bidule plugin to start/stop, right?

If so, theoretically you could assign the host play/stop to one of Bidule plugin's 512 params, then use Bidule's Parameters window to locate/link that param to Bidule file recorder 'start'. Depends on the host, I guess.

Otherwise, you might try using the (synced to host) Sync Extractor on/off from the first port with a Parameter Modulator (abs) linked to the file recorder 'start'. (Can't remember, might need a little math to sort trigger vs gate).

NTO

Postby NTO » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:12 pm

Hey jersmi! Thanks for looking.
Yes
The host play/stop not visible anywhere is the report
Sync Extractor is not offered as sync to recorder, only Bidule Plugin (HOST VST Buss in my pic) and Playing out non-functional as reported.

Sure this is just the tip of the topic - where can I find the host parameters TO the VSTi?

EDIT:
Add a log file
biduleplugin_HostQuestion_FL64.zip
(5.23 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by NTO on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jersmi

Postby jersmi » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:21 pm

NTO wrote:Sync Extractor is not offered as sync to recorder, only Bidule Plugin (HOST VST Buss in my pic) and Playing out non-functional as reported.

Yeah, Sync Extractor is a target for sync, not a source. In this case, your HOST VST Buss is the source sync. If Sync Extractor is synced to that within Bidule, it will provide you sync output you can use for whatever.

NTO wrote:where can I find the host parameters TO the VSTi?

Umm, in the host? That is, sync your host params to the Bidule plugin on the host side, then link param to Bidule target inside Bidule.
Last edited by jersmi on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

NTO

Postby NTO » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:25 pm

"If Sync Extractor is synced to your host" - SO I guess it's not

"...sync your host params to the Bidule plugin on the host side..." Nothing about the host behavior to VST's is visible to me - DLL level(?)

jersmi

Postby jersmi » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:26 pm

Right click on Sync Extractor and sync it to your HOST VST Buss. Yeah, I don't know if your transport is available as a source to link to Bidule plugin params. It would be my plan A if possible. And my Plan B would be Bidule Sync Extractor -> Parameter Modulator -> Recorder Start.

NTO

Postby NTO » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:34 pm

Dewd! Always appreciate your help.

(EDIT: You WERE right on by my first pic - VST not retaining name through restarts - separate issue report)
It's now
Right click on Sync Extractor (first use - doh!) and sync it to Bidule Plugin 1.

Actual 'HOST VST Buss' does not appear anywhere (so far :lol: :oops: )

Now (perhaps) on to modulator linking...
EDIT: (It's just that easy hehe Thanks again)
2017-04-20_Bidule_VSTi_Recording.png
2017-04-20_Bidule_VSTi_Recording.png (16.24 KiB) Viewed 47 times

AND
My apologies to seb. Correct answer to start - not understood :oops: :cry:

Return to “Bidule General”