IConnect Audio 4+

General Discussion about Plogue Bidule

Moderators: vincent@plogue, davidv, seb@plogue

veloopity

IConnect Audio 4+

Postby veloopity » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:27 am

want to get this device so I can use iPad and Windows/Bidule together. Will it work as it should in Bidule? as audio in/out and midi in/out?

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Re: IConnect Audio 4+

Postby seb@plogue » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:02 am

I don't know but someone had issues with a MIDI 2+:
http://www.plogue.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7608

Did not hear anything about it after my last post on that thread.

veloopity

Postby veloopity » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:37 am

thx Seb. Well I bought one today :) will report if there's anything to report. -Michael

jm duchenne

Postby jm duchenne » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:33 am

seb@plogue wrote:I don't know but someone had issues with a MIDI 2+:
http://www.plogue.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7608

Did not hear anything about it after my last post on that thread.

Hi,

I have tried with anoth PC with the same result, so since I had no time to search for a solution, I have just not used Bidule this time...

Perhaps it may be related to the absence of physical inputs/outputs in the MIDI2+ ?
Jean-Marc Duchenne
http://acousmodules.free.fr

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Postby seb@plogue » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:37 am

Did you look in the bidule log and see where the scanning stops as in the original thread?
(chances are that the issue is a specific sound API causing a problem and preventing the correct initialization)

ModSource

Postby ModSource » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:37 pm

I'm experiencing a similar issue with the iConnectMIDI2+ on Windows 10 64 bit, but only with Bidule .0975. No audio devices are available to load in Bidule.

I followed Seb's suggestion in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7646&p=41075#p41075. First, I tried the registry edit method, but that didn't work. However, reverting back to .0974 using the file provided by Seb restored access to the audio devices.

However, I'm still having an issue with the iConnectMIDI2+ and Aria Engine/Personal Orchestra 5. GPO5 hangs on startup (no GUI after opening the program) and my CPU's RAM usage runs high. I have to unplug the USB connection between the iConnect and my PC.

I think that it's important to note that the iConnect's audio ports are not causing any such difficulties with other software on my system (Reason 8 and 9 Beta, BFD3 standalone)

I submitted a support ticket with Garritan. But it would be nice to hear from Plogue about this issue with iConnect's audio ports.

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Postby seb@plogue » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:39 am

I followed Seb's suggestion in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7646&p=41075#p41075. First, I tried the registry edit method, but that didn't work. However, reverting back to .0974 using the file provided by Seb restored access to the audio devices.

Not sure I understand. You mean that using the registry key to block some devices worked on the revert but not the newer version
or that the newer version did not show devices no matter what?

I think that it's important to note that the iConnect's audio ports are not causing any such difficulties with other software on my system (Reason 8 and 9 Beta, BFD3 standalone)

In the past, there have been drivers not working in Bidule and I could easily reproduce in any other software by simply doing things like:
use the MME version of the driver at the start then switch to the ASIO version.

In any case, I haven't seen a bidule.log file with the scanning/opening of an iConnect device hanging.

beatpete

Postby beatpete » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:33 pm

I'm having the same issue (always have) with my Iconnectmidi2+. I just updated the firmware (which re-enabled the audio) and all of a sudden I had no audio devices in Bidule (doesn't seem to matter what build). I was tearing my hair out because it was quite a while ago I tracked this problem down and had forgotten to turn off the Iconnect2+ audio. It sure would be nice to use the Iconnectmidi2+ audio, is there not some kind of registry/bidule tweak so that Bidule ignores the Iconnectmidi2+ audio?

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Postby seb@plogue » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:32 am

No one ever sent me a bidule.log file with the issue occurring no matter how many times I requested one.
I would like to see one before considering having to buy one only for debugging.

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Postby seb@plogue » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:12 am

Is it possible that the issue only occurs if
a) the IConnect is connected to the computer
and
b) there is nothing else (not a second computer or an iOS device) connected to the second port

?

beatpete

Postby beatpete » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:18 am

I've only tried with an Ipad on USB 1 and a PC on USB 2 (with various switches on/off in the Iconnectmidi2+ configuration.If I turn the PC of in configuration, Bidule works fine (but of course, no Iconnectmidi2+ audio goes to the PC)
I've sent you a bidule.log file.

beatpete

Postby beatpete » Fri May 19, 2017 7:41 pm

Still not working when I enable audio on my Icoonectmidi2+.

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Postby seb@plogue » Tue May 23, 2017 9:17 am

I only have a audio 2+ to test, there was an issue within the WASAPI devices handling code that would make the enumeration of devices stop, this
was fixed in the version I've sent you.

Otherwise, any other issues I've been having with the device, I've been able to get the same behaviour with other audio applications so I don't
think it's related to Bidule.

beatpete

Postby beatpete » Tue May 30, 2017 9:54 am

I just changed from an Iconnectmidi2+ to an Iconnectmidi4+ and so far, the audio seems fine (not affecting Bidule).

Return to “Bidule General”