File Play X Times

Post your groups/layouts here

Moderators: davidv, seb@plogue

NTO

File Play X Times

Postby NTO » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:56 pm

I'm new and been poking at this for a day. Learning some things, but haven't hit on solution.

I have a midi file to send through a VST x times (12 in this case) . It always plays one extra time. I *think* I'm struggling with trigger versus state while trying to find a solution. In this layout pic, I highlighted the monitors so to lessen confusion about what they are. They seem to work as desired.

File play state reflects the status of the control on the midi file player, 1 while playing, 0 while rewinding. There's a half second delay before the change detector retriggers the play button. It's offline recording, so initial start is the player UI button, I *think* it's the last rewind here that's my problem. I've tried assorted means to 'gate' it off at accumulator reset or equivalent to no avail.
The other side is about counting the plays, and sending that count to the VST effect selector...

Seeking all suggestions :roll:

EDIT: Pic deleted. Then put back. Other question(s) become apparent! :roll:
2017-02-27_BiduleFileReplayQuestion.png
2017-02-27_BiduleFileReplayQuestion.png (142.57 KiB) Viewed 392 times
Last edited by NTO on Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jersmi

Re: File Play X Times

Postby jersmi » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:14 am

Just a guess -- maybe an issue with your PTN SELECT Mod min/max values? If that's not it, perhaps post your layout (or this portion).

100mountains

Postby 100mountains » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:21 am

errr. i dunno if this is too obvious. but er have you tried just changing the 12 to an 11 ? :D
sorry if thats stupid. you know it counts from 0 right.

NTO

Postby NTO » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:59 am

Thanks for looking. Seems you're both referring to the same element. The block is a 'less than' 12. The final play occurs when that accumulated value is zero, after the reset.

That layout is about it, but for the file player. Understand the links etc. are important. I'll try to do some more description later...

EDIT: Later, back at it. Remembered if I use a bigger midi file I can 'single step' using the play/stop controls on the player. What I would really like is some way to monitor the trigger out of change. (been trying to interrupt the 'loop' output of that...)

NTO

Postby NTO » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:42 am

I had put up a bidule of what I was doing, but as I continued trying to deduce a solution, I came to a point where everything I know is wrong. :lol:

Think this has to do with which input is which :?:

Turning off the processing there did allow the proper play count, but wasn't restarting properly. Then I came upon this...
2017-02-28_BiduleLogicFail.png
2017-02-28_BiduleLogicFail.png (59.6 KiB) Viewed 392 times

Swapping those leads and setting the test ==12 fixes the play count. Cleaned up and will post here, hope of some use.

I use this to run a midi chord file through an arpeggiator that has x presets. Evaluate the melodies.
Had to rough in the arp selector value list elements thus far. PTN SELECT Mod is driving the arp selector.
Am unsure about the rewind need/value. The one second value (as set) has worked fine with 1 bar length files.

28Feb-FileArpPlayCount_0.bidule
(27.89 KiB) Downloaded 10 times

Return to “Bidule Layouts”