Sample player with lofi playback like machinedrum uw

Post your groups/layouts here

Sample player with lofi playback like machinedrum uw

Postby laurencedavies » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:52 am

Gosh darn phpbb. I lost my original post.

I had posted a rant about software vst sample players not doing the machinedrum uw interface and sound. Especially on OSX where the pickings are limited.

Anyway, here's a group that does some midi triggered sample playback. Load in your fav 909 drum sound or whatever and trigger it.

No envelopes or filters - add those yourself. The last two outputs are trigger and gate respectively.

Enjoy: http://instajungle.com/uploads/QuantSamplePlayer_w_retrigger.bgrp

P.S. How much would people pay for a vst/au/bidulesdk version which uses lower cpu and maybe has envelopes and filters?
InstaJungle 0.3 is a freeware beat slicing vst plugin for os x and windows.
laurencedavies

Re: Sample player with lofi playback like machinedrum uw

Postby Skillet » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:00 pm

This is a lot of fun, thanks! 8) Also, obviously a taste thing, but I got some more organic sounding chopping by inserting a smoother right before play position and messing around with that.

I don't know if anyone would buy a version on this forum, since we're all making stuff with Bidule anyway, but if you expanded it to six samples or so, added a few features, made a vst, I bet there'd be interest other places. Maybe you should make a mockup (since Bidule looks a lot like au plugins anyway), do a demo video, and ask on kvr or the ableton site or something.
Skillet

Postby Skillet » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:54 pm

One other thing - you might want to set a lower limit for end loop, I got really high cpu & then freezing when I dragged it to 0 by accident.
Skillet

Postby laurencedavies » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:38 am

Thanks for taking a look, skillet!

Also cheers for the bug feedback. Maybe that's a divide by zero issue.. strange that I didn't get that on my machine.

Happy bitsmashing!
InstaJungle 0.3 is a freeware beat slicing vst plugin for os x and windows.
laurencedavies

Return to Bidule Layouts