VC++ Runtime Library Error R6034-Solved

Post your bug reports/problems here

Moderators: davidv, seb@plogue

ForestCat

VC++ Runtime Library Error R6034-Solved

Postby ForestCat » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:39 pm

XP SP3, 32bit

I gather that this is a somewhat generic error. I've been installing/uninstalling s/w on this laptop. It's difficult to say at what point this became an issue since I wasn't trying to start bidule at every change.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? I temporarily removed all the VSTs from this laptop to see if that was the issue, no difference. Reinstalled the VC++ 2005, 2008, 2010 runtimes. No difference. At some point during this, XP SP3 was installed.

Is there a safe way to remove every trace of every Visual C and DotNet runtime and reinstall them without making this worse?

Thanks for any help.

EDIT: As it turns out, uninstalling the VC++ Runtimes from Add/Remove Programs DOES NOT remove them from System32, where they may have been deposited by well-meaning older app installers, etc.
Yes, I use Windows because I like pain. :-)
The proper location for these dlls is in the WinSxS/blah, where mulitple versions exist "Side by Side"(hopefully) avoiding dll version conflicts. In my case there was a msvcp90.dll in system32 causing the bloodshed. Deleted it, no more error in Bidule. Now, to see what that broke, lol.

Return to “Bidule Bugs and Problems”