Bidule (32-bit) stopping at splash screen

Post your bug reports/problems here

Moderators: davidv, seb@plogue

ScottishPie

Re: Bidule (32-bit) stopping at splash screen

Postby ScottishPie » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:46 pm

I'm familiar with most of these Windows common controls from programming in Visual Basic (many moons ago).
The interesting and annoying thing is that Bidule sometimes starts up normally and sometimes (mostly) not.

Having said all that, previous (unlicensed) trial versions of Bidule (don't remember which specific versions, but within the last three years) that I've tried out in the past never gave me any problems on this same computer.

Maybe it's one of Microsoft's wonderful Windows 10 updates causing the problem?
Could be time to get a MAC.... or for the guys that write Spec to produce a 64-bit version.

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Postby seb@plogue » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:57 am

Last 3 years would be a bit of a stretch to go into a source control diff hunt, also if it's a Windows update or something else that was installed later
that wouldn't help. I'll send you an e-mail with links to some previous P2 builds (once I get into the office and uploaded them) so you can check if any of them works any better.

ScottishPie

Postby ScottishPie » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:07 am

Postscript:
A PC crash has forced me to reinstall Windows 10 and whaddya know? Bidule now starts perfectly every time.
So obviously some update has caused the problem.
I f***ing HATE Microsoft.

ScottishPie

Postby ScottishPie » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:13 am

By the way: I also lost my license as a result of reinstalling Windows. How do I get a replacement?

Return to “Bidule Bugs and Problems”