Full screen problem OSX

Post your bug reports/problems here

Moderators: davidv, seb@plogue

CinningBao

Full screen problem OSX

Postby CinningBao » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:05 pm

I mistakenly full-screened (hitting the green button in the window border) the parameters window and noticed a couple of things as a result:

- after closing the parameters window, one of my 'virtual desktops' is completely black
- i also got moment when the Bidule window, after closing the parameters window, was completely white. hitting Parent redrew the screen and it was all good.

I have a video of the first issue but bluetube seems to be particularly busy processing everyone's cat videos.
i'll link once it is up.

Also, now, after closing bidule, where I would normally have 4 desktops, bidule has somehow removed one of them from my OS configuration and now I have only 3! what a thieving little application!

---edit
a video

https://youtu.be/Yg9wYXV07yg

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Re: Full screen problem OSX

Postby seb@plogue » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:42 am

That seems weird, I'll try to repro but I can't see how it would remove a virtual desktop besides some kind of exception/error handling built into the OS.

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Postby seb@plogue » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:03 am

Here on 10.11, if I fullscreen the Parameters window it creates a new space a put the fullscreen window there. Closing the window keeps the space but it shows as a black background if I bring up the parameters window again it goes back to that newly create space showing the window in full screen.
Trying to another app does the same thing (I see black) _except_ that I'm brought back to the previous desktop soon after. I'll need to check what is needed to get it to behave that way.

If you can confirm/repro the one about removing virtual desktop.

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Postby seb@plogue » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:32 am

black screen after closing: the parameters window is simply moved off screen when you click the close button, that is why the space stays black because the window associated with it, is still opened.

CinningBao

Postby CinningBao » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:43 am

After much testing i cannot reproduce the dekstop removed thing.. I'll try a bit more this evening but it might just have been a strange one-off..

'moved off screen' but where? it doesn't appear if I 'bring all to front'

Return to “Bidule Bugs and Problems”