[SOLVED] one group can't remember state

Post your bug reports/problems here

Moderators: davidv, seb@plogue

rcrath

[SOLVED] one group can't remember state

Postby rcrath » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:55 am

Hi, I have a layout with a bunch of groups in it. All the groups recall the checkbox state (i.e. checked/unchecked) except one and I cannot figure out why. The layout and the most recent log file are at http://way.net/tmp/bidule. The group the won't stay put is Gui checkboxes for "amps +drums." The checkboxes trigger the mode or a tail group=>mode if they have sustain.They recall fine in the other groups, which are very similar, so I can't make out what the problem is. Because the layout is resource intensive and my laptop is getting older, It means that the layout starts with a huge cpu hit that I have to tame by checking the items in the amp+drums group to mute them.

A second problem is that the groups and the matrixes that get opened from the groups tend to forget their positions which is a pain, although they are holding in this iteration for the moment.

Both of these issues are minor enough that they have been going on for a while, over a year at least. I'd appreciate any help getting this sorted out!
Thanks,
Rich
Last edited by rcrath on Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Rich Rath
My music and sound blog: WayMusic, and my experimental improv duo:rreplay. Almost everything I record and play is tracked in Bidule.

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Re: one group can't remember state

Postby seb@plogue » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:46 am

Code: Select all

The checkboxes trigger the mode or a tail group=>mode if they have sustain.They recall fine in the other groups, which are very similar, so I can't make out what the problem is

The PIL preset for Amps+Drums is read-only, it will not save any changes.

A second problem is that the groups and the matrixes that get opened from the groups tend to forget their positions which is a pain, although they are holding in this iteration for the moment.

That is saved independently from parameters. Look for the Geometry tag that is inside a Gui tag inside Bidule/BiduleGroup, that should be
what is used when opening a UI unless it was never opened before.

rcrath

Postby rcrath » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:12 am

That fixed the checkboxes. I would have never figured that out (at least I have not since I played PIL in a live set a year or two ago, lol) Will explore the gui location part tomorrow. As always, thanks for your help.
Rich
~Rich Rath
My music and sound blog: WayMusic, and my experimental improv duo:rreplay. Almost everything I record and play is tracked in Bidule.

rcrath

Postby rcrath » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:43 am

The GUI positions have been holding fast since I deleted all the presets (which were set up for a particular gig and no longer probably even worked anyway), so fingers crossed there.

8< 8< snip 8< 8<

solved the rest, so deleted this
Last edited by rcrath on Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Rich Rath

rcrath

Postby rcrath » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:53 am

8< 8< snip 8< 8<

solved the rest
~Rich Rath

Return to “Bidule Bugs and Problems”