Note Remapper issue?

Post your bug reports/problems here

Moderators: davidv, seb@plogue

musewalker

Note Remapper issue?

Postby musewalker » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:37 pm

.9756 (64bit) standalone Windows 10 64bit

I have a need to remap incoming midi pitches, so I am using the note remapper module to do the job. I am wanting to control the pitch selection via a mididesigner slider. Simple enough.

[right click MIDI Remap to:] I assigned the note remapper to receive CC message from the particular slider in MD, and ... it appeared to work. easy peasy I started things up.. moved the slider and remapped moved. Pitches remapped... yay. Then I wanted to select a particular pitch re-assignment... grrr flaky

It appears the "first" CC change received is being ignored by note remapper. Every time you select a new position it tends to iggy the first change.

I placed a midi monitor to confirm the correct information is being received by bidule and it is. I can see that it becomes off by one compared to the remapper module as i slide my slider...sometimes it lines up, some times its off by 1. So, I placed an incremental button on my MD patch to increment the slider up by 1, slowly which in return is received by bidule.

Placing everything to C0 Note: 0 I then increment the button. slider bumps to 1, (bidule) Midi Monitor displays 1, Note remapper looks at me with no movement. I then increment again using my button... slider to 2, midi monitor displays 2, remapper finally goes to C#0 Note: 1. This can continue to 127.... This is consistent behavior

I've deleted the module, re-mapped the CC, and pulled out my hair and gave up. The problem isn't the data being sent to bidule, it is clean.

I moved to using Max7 to massage the midi note data. <see Max7 Rewire questions>

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Re: Note Remapper issue?

Postby seb@plogue » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:15 pm

That's weird, on macOS I can set a CC to each of the 128 values and see the Note Remapper parameter change to reflect that value while on Windows I can clearly see the same thing as you. I need to dig further and see where in the platform difference code this might be coming from.

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Postby seb@plogue » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:13 am

musewalker

Postby musewalker » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:29 am

Hey Seb,

I'll check this out today and let you know; thanks for your efforts. I'm glad I wasn't imagining it. I'll let you know later today

musewalker

Postby musewalker » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:22 am

Hey Seb,

I tested it and it works now. I CC-remapped a whole series of the note-remapper modules, I used my MD patch and it was spot on! It works as one would expect it to work. I will assume there isn't an issue using the fixed exe file until the next update.

Thanks again Seb for a quick turn around fix. Problem resolved!

Return to “Bidule Bugs and Problems”