win7 64bit

Discussion about the Bidule SDK, post your questions, feature request and plugins here.

Moderators: davidv, seb@plogue

100mountains

win7 64bit

Postby 100mountains » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:45 am

the projects in the sdk are from 2008 and the software mentioned doesnt work on windows 7 anymore too well. scuse my lack of knowledge.
1) will a later visual studio still load the project?
2)is it feasible to expect i will be able to create 64 bit plugins?
3)will the xcode project work with a newer 64 bit version of osx ?
4)are there example 64 bit hello worlds or anything ?
5) can i compile a doco for getting something up and running and put it on the web ? or sticky it here ? :)

dts350z

Re: win7 64bit

Postby dts350z » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:29 am

I develop in win7 in visual studio 2012 so know at least that combo works. 32 bits.

I have also used OS X in the past but it's been a few years.

The "hello world" would be the passthru example included with the sdk. It makes a plugin with each of the signal types (except discrete. The sdk predates discrete) that simply passes those signals through but given you a framework to process the signals as you like.

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Postby seb@plogue » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:39 am

1) will a later visual studio still load the project?

Normally any VS version can load and convert older projects. For a project that simple, conversion should go fine.

2)is it feasible to expect i will be able to create 64 bit plugins?

If anything is missing that would be to add a 64-bit target, the code won't have
problems with compiling in 64-bit.

3)will the xcode project work with a newer 64 bit version of osx ?

Yes.

4)are there example 64 bit hello worlds or anything ?

You probably only need to add the 64-bit architecture in both cases.

dts350z

Postby dts350z » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:03 pm

Here's an example SDK project. I cleaned and rebuilt it on win 7 in VS 2008 (what came up when I opened the sln file).

There's also a layout to demo the two plugins in this one (32 bit) dll. To use it, you'll need a "C:\Program Files (x86)\Plogue\Bidule\plugins" folder and put the dll in there and restart PB. Note: NOT VSTPugins, but "plugins".

FYI in my case I put the plugins on the Misc context menu (you can see the path in PrintfMain.cpp).

I have built these plugins on OSX, but don't know at this point if the included OSX project was updated after that or not.

These plugins are both designed to be used to format string parameters, to be used as labels. Printf let's you input a printf style format string, e.g. 2.3f to get strings that look like 101.117 etc. It's super easy to crash PB if you enter an invalid format. Sorry, this was meant only for use in my layouts.

Counter just outputs the time, in 00:00:00 format, given the number of samples on the input pin.

Again, both of these are meant to be used inside groups where you use the plugin's output parameters as GUI type label.

disclaimers: :roll:

I only post this here to give a couple more breadcrumbs on the way to creating your own plugins.

I'm sure Seb and other real programmers would be horrified by any of my c/c++ code as I am only a hobbyist when it comes to c and c++
so learn from more features of the SDK used here and ignore my coding (although there isn't much in these plugins) :D :oops:

printf 1.1.zip
(1.82 MiB) Downloaded 29 times

Other plugins I've built are involving spectral signals, and are proprietary, or are involving audio signals around peak and rms metering and level adjustment.

100mountains

Postby 100mountains » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:50 am

thanks guys. thanks very much for the code dts. will post any progress... as im a newb again ill try and compile some kind of path for doing this cos the info seems a bit scattered. i understand if you actually know what youre doing you will probably be able to suss this out quicker.

Return to “Bidule SDK”