Bidule SDK

Discussion about the Bidule SDK, post your questions, feature request and plugins here.

Moderators: davidv, seb@plogue

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Bidule SDK

Postby seb@plogue » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:40 pm

The SDK let you create new audio/MIDI/spectral processing modules for Bidule. The UI will be built automatically according to the published parameters.

To get ahold of the SDK, you need to contact me through e-mail.

Please give some indications of your programming knowledge/experience at the same time.

Currently the SDK is only available to registered users.
Last edited by seb@plogue on Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

laurencedavies

Postby laurencedavies » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:24 pm

I have to say, the idea of the Bidule SDK is awesome. Big thanks to Seb for going out of his way to make this available to us.

I've been playing with it only a little (had no time recently), but once I've finished my job this Friday I can get started on some ideas for midi bidules and samplers whilst doing uni.

C'mon peoples, let's show some enthusiasm! :)
InstaJungle 0.3 is a freeware beat slicing vst plugin for os x and windows.

Hansje

Postby Hansje » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:55 am

C'mon peoples, let's show some enthusiasm!

Tears sprang to my eyes, when the compiler give birth to my first working custom made bidule... :)

All I need now, is time to make something useful...

temiqui

Postby temiqui » Mon May 22, 2006 11:14 am

laurencedavies wrote:I have to say, the idea of the Bidule SDK is awesome. Big thanks to Seb for going out of his way to make this available to us.

I've been playing with it only a little (had no time recently), but once I've finished my job this Friday I can get started on some ideas for midi bidules and samplers whilst doing uni.

C'mon peoples, let's show some enthusiasm! :)

This is very cool. I wasn't showing proper enthusiasm, because I had no clue it existed. Let me know what you've come up with MIDI-wise. I've contacted seb myself, and I'll see what I can come up with as well.

cheers!
eric

temiqui

Postby temiqui » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:16 pm

I'm putting this in the sticky, because the thread currently contains no information about how to get these plugins working, and I can't seem to manage it.

What I know so far:

1. create a folder entitled "plugins" inside the

programfiles/plogue/bidule/

folder.

2. Move the dll file there.

3. Restart Plogue

4. Now what??? I still don't see the plugin in my menu. I tested this with the multiplexer bidule. I downloaded another one, (MLM) but not being able to remember where it was put or what it would be called in the menu, I don't know if it worked or not.

any help appreciated!

thanks,
eric

Hansje

Postby Hansje » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:15 am

..program files\plogue\bidule\plugins\ should be fine.

4. Now what???

The multiplexer plugins show up under Routing as Transmitter and Receiver respectively.

MLM shows up under Building Blocks/Monitoring as My Little Monitor (this one is outdated by the new Audio Stats bidule btw).

temiqui

Postby temiqui » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:32 pm

do I have to download and install the sdk to use these? (doesn't seem right...)

I don't know, they're just not "showing up".

no big deal, I guess.

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Postby seb@plogue » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:56 am

do I have to download and install the sdk to use these?

You shouldn't have to, you should only need to have a plugins folder under your current Bidule installation. The bidule.log file does some logging when scanning for sdk-made plugins so a log file would help trying to figure out what might be going wrong.

greekgoddj

Postby greekgoddj » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:00 am

Hi,

1) If I want to make a Bidule that I have written open source, how does that work witht he code of the SDK? Do you allow that, or lke VST no?

2) I don't have access to an intel mac to compile some Bidules, but I know somebody who can do that for me. This would require me to send them the whole PPC project over, which includes the SDK files ofcourse....is this alright with you guys?

Thanks!

Aristotel

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Postby seb@plogue » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:44 am

Hi,

#1 : our problem with open sourcing/making available the sources to something written with the SDK is that we currently don't want to have the SDK as a public/for everyone download (i'm sure we'll get there some day) and offering the sources without the SDK part doesn't give much. Someone wrote a Python binding for the SDK as well as a plugin to load python files for processing and wished to make the sources available so contribution/fixes could be given back, our solution to that is to include the binding in the SDK
while keeping the author name and making that part "please give back changes"
(the updated SDK is not yet available)

#2 : that's fine

greekgoddj

Postby greekgoddj » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:34 am

Great...
that was a fast reply...thanks

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Postby seb@plogue » Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:29 pm

If you still want to do 1) in the meantime the convenient solution could be to say the sources are available but you need to have access to the SDK however I have no idea how much traffic that would generate (i.e. either people asking me for the source and me forwarding the reply of those qualifying or you forwarding me eligible requests)

The only thing would be to make sure that the license applies only to your plugin implementation and find something that fits (i.e. doesn't make the SDK
do-what-you-want-with-it) with the SDK and your needs (i.e. rights of use/modification/etc..)

S-N-S

Postby S-N-S » Thu May 28, 2009 7:58 am

what would be the best way for a non-experienced programming nOOb to learn how to make stuff with the bidule SDK??
S-N-S

Scandinavian Noize Syndicate

hear some of my tracks
www.virb.com/scandinaviannoizesyndicate

my new side-project
www.myspace.com/eroticorestench

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Postby seb@plogue » Thu May 28, 2009 8:33 am

what would be the best way for a non-experienced programming nOOb to learn how to make stuff with the bidule SDK??

You simply need some basic programming, you don't need to go deep into OO programming or design patterns but you need the basics as I cannot provide tutoring on how to program.

dadrumbo

Re: Bidule SDK

Postby dadrumbo » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:54 am

How can I access knob and vertical slider from the sdk? When is the time for an updated sdk (at least header)?

Return to “Bidule SDK”