seeking in an audio file

Discussion about the Bidule SDK, post your questions, feature request and plugins here.

Moderators: davidv, seb@plogue

dts350z

seeking in an audio file

Postby dts350z » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:29 pm

I see with the basic audio player you can "seek" to a given point in the file by number of samples, but that is only for something loaded in the media pool.

Is there a way to do this (with audio files not in the mediapool) via the SDK or otherwise?

Also, what is the limit on the size of a file you can put in the mediapool. When I try to load up a whole album flac or wav nothing happens. Is this just because of how much free RAM I have at the moment or is there some hard coded limit?

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Postby seb@plogue » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:12 am

Is there a way to do this (with audio files not in the mediapool) via the SDK or otherwise?

Currently the only way to do so is through OSC.

Also, what is the limit on the size of a file you can put in the mediapool. When I try to load up a whole album flac or wav nothing happens. Is this just because of how much free RAM I have at the moment or is there some hard coded limit?

When going though the Mediapool, Bidule will attempt to allocate contiguous memory to load in that file. If you have a very large file and are in 32bit, it is perfectly normal that you cannot allocate a single contiguous chunk of 600mb or more, you can check that this is what is happening by looking for "internalizeIEEE - couldn't allocate" in the bidule.log file.

Return to “Bidule SDK”