colors, fonts, or other formating in labels and/or textareas

Discussion about the Bidule SDK, post your questions, feature request and plugins here.

Moderators: davidv, seb@plogue

dts350z

colors, fonts, or other formating in labels and/or textareas

Postby dts350z » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:08 pm

is there any kind of formating available in labels and/or textareas?

Colored fonts
Different fonts
Bold, italic
background color
etc?

dts350z

Postby dts350z » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:47 pm

I see that I can paste fonts, colors, etc. into a textarea, say from wordpad, but if capture that string and output it to a label the formating is lost.

Does that imply that I can write formating to the textarea from the SDK, but not to a label?

I really need a fixed width font in labels to make numbers formated with sprintf line up properly. Having font colors or effects like BOLD would be very helpful as well.

dts350z

Postby dts350z » Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:01 pm

labels don't support \t?

When I use \t in a sprintf and update a label parameter with the result the output disappears. \n works.

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Postby seb@plogue » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:34 am

I would need to double-check but label should be straight/no formatting/single line text controls while the textarea are rich/with formatting/multi line text controls. I'm surprised that carriage return actually work with labels, i would have expected that it made the text disappear from the area for the label (i.e. it would show up if the label control was given more height).

dts350z

Postby dts350z » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:06 pm

seb@plogue wrote:I would need to double-check but label should be straight/no formatting/single line text controls while the textarea are rich/with formatting/multi line text controls. I'm surprised that carriage return actually work with labels, i would have expected that it made the text disappear from the area for the label (i.e. it would show up if the label control was given more height).

The label behaves as you say, unless it's the last parameter, then you can get away with multiple lines. I'm using that case to print "debug" info during development.

I still don't understand why \t doesn't work.

Oh, I also discovered that parameter names can have \n embedded, that really helps keep the horizontal width of plugin dialogs under control.

I guess that would be one way you could reserve vertical space for multiline labels, make the names the same number of lines.

What formating commands would I use in the text area? I did a quick search on clipboard formats and got quickly overwhelmed and lost (as is usually the case with anything microsoft). Some kind of escape sequnce maybe?
Last edited by dts350z on Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Postby seb@plogue » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:13 pm

What formating commands would I use in the text area? I did a quick search on clipboard formats and got quickly overwhelmed and lost (as is usually the case with anything microsoft). Some kind of escape sequnce maybe?

IIRC, the text field is defined to be a Rich Edit one (I'm not looking at any source code until 2010).

Return to “Bidule SDK”