plugin for BCF2000 Midi Contorller

Discussion about the Bidule SDK, post your questions, feature request and plugins here.

Moderators: davidv, seb@plogue

dts350z

plugin for BCF2000 Midi Contorller

Postby dts350z » Sat May 08, 2010 8:50 pm

So I spent the afternoon working on getting the buttons on my BCF2000 to control checkboxes and Lists in Groups, etc.

The best I could come up with was to have pairs of buttons, top one "on" for a fuction and bottom one for "off". Program change selector feeding an output selector (16) and I made some RS NOR latches fed from the output selector (output 1 and 9 for the first set of switches, etc.).

All well and good but I used up all 16 buttons to do eight functions.

What I really want is for each button to toggle a function on and off each time you press it (and in a perfect world the light on the button would be "on" for on and "off" for off, but I don't know if that feedback is possible with the BCF2000).

Anyway, seems I will have to make a midi plugin with the SDK to make this happen. Yes?

Look for Program change events and toggle some output each time I get the same PC event.

The bufTick and fdetune stuff in the SDK example are not very clear to me so any hints would greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

pascal

Re: plugin for BCF2000 Midi Contorller

Postby pascal » Sat May 08, 2010 9:14 pm

dts350z wrote:The bufTick and fdetune stuff in the SDK example are not very clear to me so any hints would greatly appreciated.

Open "06_Microtonal_example.bidule". If you check Add Microtonal information to notes on the MIDI Note Creator, the fdetune will be used, otherwise, fdetune will always be 0.

bufTick is the sample offset of the MIDIEvent in the current buffer. Possible values for bufTick are [ 0, bufferSize [

dts350z

Re: plugin for BCF2000 Midi Contorller

Postby dts350z » Sun May 09, 2010 12:31 pm

Thanks!

I may come back to this (plugin). After I posted that I read through the BCF2000 manual and discovered I can program the buttons to have CC 0/127 information with the LED's tracking the values so I got everything I wanted. For instance using the buttons to control solo and mute functions on a mixer.

Now that I have all my parameters mapped to midi controls I'm wondering about automation. Syncing the midi automation track to the audio file player (up to 74 minutes of audio) and having manual changes to the midi recorded over previous values.

Should I jump to another DAW program (with rewire) to do the automation (and maybe audio source) part or is there a way to do it all within Plogue Bidule? I guess something like "live" would give me individual editable tracks for each midi parameter but if I can stay in bidule that would be great!

Return to “Bidule SDK”