midi out from 3rd Party plug

Discussion about the Bidule SDK, post your questions, feature request and plugins here.

Moderators: davidv, seb@plogue

curtis graham

midi out from 3rd Party plug

Postby curtis graham » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:16 pm

I am running logic pro 9.1.2 and am wondering if I can use Bidule to host VST 3rd party plugs that support midi out capabilities because Logic doesn't, and route the midi out of the plugin back to logic via rewire to a different soft synth. What I want to do is use, for example, is use MusicLab Real LPC engine to drive other soft synths. Right now I know that Logic doesn't support this feature with AU (because of programming issues I suppose) so I can't access the midi that the plugin creates from my inputed notes. The Musiclab program can take say a E minor 3rd and create midi notes that make sense for guitar chord Emin and strum them according to a preset strumming pattern. This is fine for the plugin itself, but could be great for me if I could use it to drive say a bass module, or acoustic piano, or synth lead... am I making sense? If anyone knows what I am talking about and could give me some info that would be great. I would love to use this with Sugar-Bytes Consequence as well if it doesn't create a timing issue. Any info would be fantastic...

thanks in advance

Curtis

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Re: midi out from 3rd Party plug

Postby seb@plogue » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:23 pm

I can use Bidule to host VST 3rd party plugs that support midi out capabilities because Logic doesn't, and route the midi out of the plugin back to logic via rewire to a different soft synth

That might work, however we need to know if Logic can take MIDI back from a ReWire device (not all ReWire host allow that). That will work for sure using IAC or some other virtual MIDI port, however timing would definitely be better using the ReWire method.

Both of these methods can be tested with the standalone version so I suggest waiting for the next trial version to test it for yourself.

Return to “Bidule SDK”