tracing/debugging plugin while in xcode

Discussion about the Bidule SDK, post your questions, feature request and plugins here.

Moderators: davidv, seb@plogue

boonier

tracing/debugging plugin while in xcode

Postby boonier » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:07 pm

Is it possible to do this without having to build, locate, paste plugin into plugins folder and restart Bidule everytime? :) (i'm a bit of a xcode novice in case anyones asking)

thanks!

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Re: tracing/debugging plugin while in xcode

Postby seb@plogue » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:54 am

Set Xcode to either link or copy the output directly into the Bidule plugins folder?

boonier

Postby boonier » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:58 am

Seems obvious doesn't it? :) would I need to restart Bidule to see the updated plugin, or just create a new instance?

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Postby seb@plogue » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:15 am

If you do not change the bundle contents (i.e. the plugins it exposes), it should be able to pick it up even if already started. However I'm not sure attempting to copy it over if it already has been opened (even if no instances are currently there) will work.

boonier

Postby boonier » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:25 am

When you say changing the bundle contents, I assume that you mean the name, product and specifications, rather than the working code in the plugin?

I've set up the build path directly into the plugins folder (it actually builds into plugins/Development). The plugin gets picked up though when restarting Bidule. However, say I change something and build again, from what you're saying I understand that the instantiated plugin will be updated too, without having to create a new one? This doesn't appear to work.

Also, if I do 'Update Plugins and groups' from the Edit menu Bidule crashes. Any ideas?

Cheers

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Postby seb@plogue » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:48 am

When you say changing the bundle contents, I assume that you mean the name, product and specifications, rather than the working code in the plugin?

I mean change what is in getNumBidules/fillBiduleInfo as this info is only queried once at scan time.

However, say I change something and build again, from what you're saying I understand that the instantiated plugin will be updated too, without having to create a new one? This doesn't appear to work.

This won't unless you have build & continue working, I do not know it that will work with a plugin... What I meant is that if you have currently no instances loaded, build a new version at the same location and then add a new instance, it might work (but that would be dependent on bundle loading/unloading and the app)

Also, if I do 'Update Plugins and groups' from the Edit menu Bidule crashes. Any ideas?

I would need to see the crash log to get any ideas

boonier

Postby boonier » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:52 am

seb@plogue wrote:I would need to see the crash log to get any ideas

Seb, heres the crash logs (i think all the ones you need...)

bidule.log
(36.98 KiB) Downloaded 263 times

update_groups_plugins_crashlog.txt
(40.16 KiB) Downloaded 248 times

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Postby seb@plogue » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:23 am

looks like it didn't like loading+unloading while processing (or probably simply having an instance of the plugin in there).

Return to “Bidule SDK”