is chipsounds a dead product?

General discussion about chipsounds

Moderators: eric_telemaque, davidv, seb@plogue

Level Up
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:24 pm

is chipsounds a dead product?

Postby Level Up » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:45 am

theres been no news since over a year? and i just bought this thing too.

davidv
Site Admin
Posts: 1567
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:23 pm
Contact:

Re: is chipsounds a dead product?

Postby davidv » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:48 am

Level Up wrote:theres been no news since over a year? and i just bought this thing too.


Yes i was thinking that yesterday evening while i was sampling/analyzing a few arcade boards. No i'ts pretty much alive. Just that people dont just want a small update. Major work is underway. I could release a 1.6 with only minor improvements or concentrate on 2.0 which might come later.
David Viens,
Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
http://www.plogue.com

Level Up
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:24 pm

Re: is chipsounds a dead product?

Postby Level Up » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:21 am

cheers david. i hear ya :D

Level Up
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:24 pm

Re: is chipsounds a dead product?

Postby Level Up » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:23 am

on the other hand, it would be cool to release a 1.6 update just to keep the fire burning!

davidv
Site Admin
Posts: 1567
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:23 pm
Contact:

Re: is chipsounds a dead product?

Postby davidv » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:49 am

Level Up wrote:on the other hand, it would be cool to release a 1.6 update just to keep the fire burning!


Tempting as it may be, some people might say "wheres the full SID emulation you've promised", but that will only come in 2.0.

I would have plenty of cool stuff to release which would fill the 'mold' of 1.6 more, and we are thinking about whether or not to do a minor update.
David Viens,

Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.

http://www.plogue.com

Level Up
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:24 pm

Re: is chipsounds a dead product?

Postby Level Up » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:54 am

davidv wrote:
Level Up wrote:theres been no news since over a year? and i just bought this thing too.


Yes i was thinking that yesterday evening while i was sampling/analyzing a few arcade boards. No i'ts pretty much alive. Just that people dont just want a small update. Major work is underway. I could release a 1.6 with only minor improvements or concentrate on 2.0 which might come later.



umm, pretty 'much' alive. 'might' come later. maybe somethings lost in translation but, if that were translated, it would be read as pretty much alive, somewhat dead/stalled and might come later, meaning, theres a chance there wont be a 2.0 update at all. i do love chipsounds, and i hope this is not the case. and i dont want to seem rude eaither. just looking for some unresolved answers :(

Level Up
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:24 pm

Re: is chipsounds a dead product?

Postby Level Up » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:58 am

davidv wrote:
Level Up wrote:on the other hand, it would be cool to release a 1.6 update just to keep the fire burning!


Tempting as it may be, some people might say "wheres the full SID emulation you've promised", but that will only come in 2.0.

I would have plenty of cool stuff to release which would fill the 'mold' of 1.6 more, and we are thinking about whether or not to do a minor update.


i think if you were to explain to them that your working hard towards 2.0 and that 1.6 is just a nice little gift to hold us over, i think people would be quite happy :D anybody else like a 1.6 update?

also think it would bring in some more buisness. best.

davidv
Site Admin
Posts: 1567
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:23 pm
Contact:

Re: is chipsounds a dead product?

Postby davidv » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:13 am

Level Up wrote:i think if you were to explain to them that your working hard towards 2.0 and that 1.6 is just a nice little gift to hold us over, i think people would be quite happy :D anybody else like a 1.6 update?

also think it would bring in some more buisness. best.


Thats the idea.
David Viens,

Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.

http://www.plogue.com

Absurdist_Lover
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:50 pm

Re: is chipsounds a dead product?

Postby Absurdist_Lover » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:58 pm

I'd love an update, even if it just added a few things (especially if it's sound design related!)

It would be awesome to have something to make the table generator a bit easier to use. Even just something to make sweeps from one value to the next. Seems like a huge waste of time setting it all up manually, to the point that instead of using the tables, I use CCs for all sound parameter sequencing.

davidv
Site Admin
Posts: 1567
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:23 pm
Contact:

Re: is chipsounds a dead product?

Postby davidv » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:32 am

Hi

My current update plans for 1.6 only includes new sounds, no changes to the wave sequencer are planed. These would be much more involved.
David Viens,

Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.

http://www.plogue.com

Absurdist_Lover
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:50 pm

Re: is chipsounds a dead product?

Postby Absurdist_Lover » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:42 pm

New sounds is even better. I'll get by with my midi CC's :D

TopherStiles
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:36 pm
Location: SEATTLE WA USA
Contact:

Re: is chipsounds a dead product?

Postby TopherStiles » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:59 pm

I think you should add some snes/genesis sounds to your program. It would increase interest in your product, also maybe team up with some LSDJ chiptune guru's to make "Artists Presets" that would surely generate quite the buzz in the chiptune communities!

davidv
Site Admin
Posts: 1567
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:23 pm
Contact:

Re: is chipsounds a dead product?

Postby davidv » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:28 pm

TopherStiles wrote:I think you should add some snes/genesis sounds to your program. It would increase interest in your product, also maybe team up with some LSDJ chiptune guru's to make "Artists Presets" that would surely generate quite the buzz in the chiptune communities!


Thanks for the input. SNES is a sample playback device, so as you've guessed, SNES video game samples are copyrighted. However, the SEGA Genesis's YM2612 is under analysis in here.

Cheers
David Viens,

Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.

http://www.plogue.com

Tansunn
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:02 am

Re: is chipsounds a dead product?

Postby Tansunn » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:57 am

Is the lo-fi effect teased back in January planned to be part of Chipsounds 2.0, or is it a separate entity?

davidv
Site Admin
Posts: 1567
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:23 pm
Contact:

Re: is chipsounds a dead product?

Postby davidv » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:44 am

Tansunn wrote:Is the lo-fi effect teased back in January planned to be part of Chipsounds 2.0, or is it a separate entity?


For sure its going to be a separate plugin, but some parts may end up in chipsounds directly. We are tinkering about those ideas right now.
David Viens,

Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.

http://www.plogue.com


Return to “chipsounds General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest