Currently Demo'ing Chipsounds...

General discussion about chipsounds

Moderators: eric_telemaque, davidv, seb@plogue

Deeyou

Currently Demo'ing Chipsounds...

Postby Deeyou » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:02 pm

Hey,

I was looking into the Chipsounds plugin for a few days and I came a review of the plugin on KVR. The review is what prompted me to demo it because the reviewer mentioned functionality that realllllllly peaked my interest. Here is what was written.

The 4-bit-and-below sampling capabilities of the Nintendo and C64 are also supported, allowing you to throw in samples and have them run through an emulation of these systems' sampling abilities (the Ninny had a lofi sample channel, and on the C64, it was done with clever abuse of the sound chip by programmers), something which is not possible with mere bit crushery, contrary to popular myth. There are a lot of sounds here, far too many to cover in this review.

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/chipsou ... ue/reviews

Am I misunderstanding?? Or is the reviewer saying that I can use Chipsounds as an FX unit to run my WAV samples through? I can't seem to find this functionality anywhere on the plugin. This feature would have me totally sold.

Any help? Thanks.

Deeyou

Re: Currently Demo'ing Chipsounds...

Postby Deeyou » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:21 am

nobody?

davidv
Site Admin

Re: Currently Demo'ing Chipsounds...

Postby davidv » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:26 am

Deeyou wrote:nobody?

Hi

There is no 'effect' way to do this yet (im planning this for a separate product), what the reviewer mentioned was that you can create
your own sample mapping using 8bit raw files and refecence them in SFZ files. Its a lot of manual work, but its doable.
I left the patches "09.User/User1 4bit" and "09.User/User1 DMC" programs which are templates.

there is no wiki or faq to do this, so its really only if you are savy with editing script like text files.
David Viens,
Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
http://www.plogue.com

Return to “chipsounds General”