Re: chipsound AND SFZ files

General discussion about chipsounds

Moderators: eric_telemaque, davidv, seb@plogue

k3yPr0gg3r

Postby k3yPr0gg3r » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:45 am

Hi,

It says in the manual that one can load (import) SFZ 1 and 2 file formats. 1. I'm still working with the DEMO. Does it need to be registered in order to do this. 2. Will the SFZ's from say Loopmasters or the soundfount files from say Digital Sound Factory work in chipsound? IF NOT...what files would work? Thank you :mrgreen:

davidv
Site Admin

Postby davidv » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:11 pm

k3yPr0gg3r wrote:Hi,

It says in the manual that one can load (import) SFZ 1 and 2 file formats. 1. I'm still working with the DEMO. Does it need to be registered in order to do this. 2. Will the SFZ's from say Loopmasters or the soundfount files from say Digital Sound Factory work in chipsound? IF NOT...what files would work? Thank you :mrgreen:

You can import any SFZ in the demo (their references wont save, obviously).

However for anything else than mono synths you will have to raise each channel's polyphony from 1 (chipsounds default) to something more SFZ usefull like 32.
The ARIA engine is still underneath and can load anything ARIA Player can, this includes SFZ1 and SFZ2 files.

However dont confuse SF2 and SFZ, they are not the same. ARIA/chipsounds do not YET natively import SF2. (we have a beta converter thats not yet shipping though)

Please note that ALL chipsounds controls on the control page and modulation page will NOT influence imported SFZ files. SFZ files need to be programmed to take advantage of these controls. (this includes the arp, midi delay, step seq and scope)

Thanks for the question

I'll post back the same answer on KVR.
David Viens,
Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
http://www.plogue.com

Return to “chipsounds General”