Automating Chipsounds in Logic 9

General discussion about chipsounds

Moderators: eric_telemaque, davidv, seb@plogue

monkeymonkey35

Automating Chipsounds in Logic 9

Postby monkeymonkey35 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:26 pm

Hi All,

New to Chipsounds, but enjoying it immensely!

I am trying to automate parameters in Logic, and aside for the ones that are labelled, I find it to be pretty confusing.
Is there a list of all of the parameters? I would like to automate "duration" in the arpeggiator.

Thanks!

davidv
Site Admin

Re: Automating Chipsounds in Logic 9

Postby davidv » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:43 pm

monkeymonkey35 wrote:Hi All,

New to Chipsounds, but enjoying it immensely!

I am trying to automate parameters in Logic, and aside for the ones that are labelled, I find it to be pretty confusing.
Is there a list of all of the parameters? I would like to automate "duration" in the arpeggiator.

Thanks!

You sadly cant right now, only parameters that exist in MIDI land are automatable. Its a long story, but since this synth is multitimbral, it would be a huge list of parameters multiplied by 8 in your host.

So we decided only the first (or other user selected) slot would be automateable, however, maybe we could raise the number of params to reach the parameter ids of the arp/step seq in the future.
David Viens,
Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
http://www.plogue.com

monkeymonkey35

Postby monkeymonkey35 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:55 pm

Thanks for the quick reply!!

I'm using Chipsounds with "so-called" classical music (acoustic ensembles + electronic sound).

Still very much in the beginning stages of the exploration, but automation in the future would probably be very helpful as us "classical composers" like to employ variation to our hearts content. :))

On a related note, is it possible to allow a logic plugin (such as the pitch tools) to influence Chipsounds? When applying the plugins they don't seem to have any effect. Maybe that is in the same boat as the automation question.

Blatboy

Postby Blatboy » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:57 pm

Yeah, I'm running into this issue too. I can only automate the volume of the first "channel" of chiptunes... so instead of using it multi-timbrally I'll need to just make a bunch of different instances of the plugin. I don't think the plugin itself is too much of a resource hog, so hopfully it won't be a huge issue.

davidv
Site Admin

Postby davidv » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:23 pm

Blatboy wrote:Yeah, I'm running into this issue too. I can only automate the volume of the first "channel" of chiptunes... so instead of using it multi-timbrally I'll need to just make a bunch of different instances of the plugin. I don't think the plugin itself is too much of a resource hog, so hopfully it won't be a huge issue.

Automating multiple instruments slots using a flat list of parameters just doesnt make sense.

Lots of users i know use one instrument by instance when they wish to use parameter automation.
The others just use CCs
David Viens,

Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.

http://www.plogue.com

Return to “chipsounds General”