Mod wheel amount

General discussion about chipsounds

Moderators: eric_telemaque, davidv, seb@plogue

BrandonWalshGP

Mod wheel amount

Postby BrandonWalshGP » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:09 am

Hi. I am Brandon Walsh and I write music. I am going out to play live during the winter and spring of 2014, accompanied by a drummer and a guitarist.

My music sounds something like this: http://brandonwalsh.bandcamp.com. It is chip tunes with some production but still trying to stay true to the roots in most cases.

Here is my playing the keytar. It is an old recording so I'm a lot better now, but still.. just for some context: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWiRaq--NZs&hd=1

For some of the tracks where I don't use the actual hardware I use various samplers and soft synths. One of them is the Plogue chipsounds plugin which is great in most cases. Except for the C64 emulation, I've had to resort to other synths for that. But for almost everything else I am overjoyed with the plugin, so thank you!

This is probably a stupid question but here it goes anyway:

I play all my parts using a keytar for maximum effect and coolness factor. Yes, the keytar is the coolest instrument ever. I use the mod wheel to create a vibrato effect in my leads. Now, as I said I use various soft synths and they all work a little bit differently. For the first couple of tracks I've managed to set it up so that if I press my modulation controller down completely, I get the vibrato that I want at max level. I did this by setting up the receiving synth/samplers to take the value of the mod wheel and divide it a couple of times. In Plogue I get this spaces out spazz vibrato because if I press my mod "wheel" on my keytar it will go all the way to the bottom making the vibrato super deep.

Is there any way to either limit the range of the vibrato and mod wheel controller in plogue? I'd rather not do it on the keytar because I want to have the same sensitivity across all the different soft synths and samplers that I use.

Any ideas appreciated. Thank you.

davidv
Site Admin

Re: Mod wheel amount

Postby davidv » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:26 am

BrandonWalshGP wrote:Is there any way to either limit the range of the vibrato and mod wheel controller in plogue? I'd rather not do it on the keytar because I want to have the same sensitivity across all the different soft synths and samplers that I use.

Any ideas appreciated. Thank you.

Not right now, though I've added a note for an update.
If you dont mind a permanent solution, you can hack programs/lfo.sfz and

change the value on line 17
lfo06_pitch_oncc1=1200

to whatever you want. Please note that EVERY preset and previous saved file using CC1 will sound different from then on.
David Viens,
Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
http://www.plogue.com

BrandonWalshGP

Re: Mod wheel amount

Postby BrandonWalshGP » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:41 pm

Thank you! I will try this tomorrow! :)

Return to “chipsounds General”