Wave sequencer: loop in release phase?

General discussion about chipsounds

Moderators: eric_telemaque, davidv, seb@plogue

Murenius

Wave sequencer: loop in release phase?

Postby Murenius » Mon May 18, 2015 10:23 am

Hello,

I'm pretty new to chiptunes and DAWs in general, so please be gentle if I missed something really obvious. :D I'll describe exactly what I did to make it easier to point out where I made a mistake or have to change something.

I created a track in Cubase using chipsounds. I used the Snapshot "LD SID Porta", activated the Wave Sequencer and chose "Classic arpeggios" --> "major". So far, so good, the arpeggio plays as long as I press the key on my midi keyboard. Now I want change the sound, so it has a longer release period (i.e. the sound should fade out when I release the key). This works, but it only uses the "LD SID Porta" sound, without the arpeggio. I checked the manual and added a segment and changed the "rel start" field to the first event of it. Now this plays when I release the key, but only once.

Is there a way to make sure the arpeggio plays the whole time after I release the key?

Thanks and regards,
Murenius

davidv
Site Admin

Re: Wave sequencer: loop in release phase?

Postby davidv » Tue May 19, 2015 1:07 pm

Murenius wrote:Is there a way to make sure the arpeggio plays the whole time after I release the key?

Not in 1.x. 2.0 (working on that) will allow much more flexibility.

If you want that effect, there is another 'solution', is to go to the MODULATION tab
and set the AMPLITUDE EG (Modulation tab)
to sustain 0% and decay somewhere near 75%.

You wont control the lenghts of notes, but you will have the 'arp decay' sound.

Sorry about this. Its one of the current shortcomings. We should have added a loop before and after release.
David Viens,
Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
http://www.plogue.com

Murenius

Postby Murenius » Wed May 20, 2015 4:53 am

Thanks a lot for the answer and the workaround, I will try this when I return home from work.

Good to hear you're working on this feature - any ballpark estimate when this will be available?

davidv
Site Admin

Postby davidv » Wed May 20, 2015 8:29 am

Murenius wrote:Thanks a lot for the answer and the workaround, I will try this when I return home from work.

Good to hear you're working on this feature - any ballpark estimate when this will be available?

As chipsounds 2.0 is a complete rewrite and not an update, we sadly can't give you an estimate.
David Viens,

Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.

http://www.plogue.com

Return to “chipsounds General”