"image=" opcode

Discussion on the SFZ implementation and opcodes available in the ARIA engine.

Moderators: eric_telemaque, davidv

michaelwayneharwood

"image=" opcode

Postby michaelwayneharwood » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:57 pm

In the book "cakewalk synthesizers from presets to power user" there is an SFZ opcode documented that is supposed to load images for "display". The description says that it loads a BMP file. I have created a simple .bmp file and accompanying .sfz to test it out and did not have any luck in getting it to work. With that in mind I have a few questions:

1. Does Sforzando support this opcode in the free player version?
2. If so, is there a certain required file type (e.g. bmp, png, etc.), size of image, or file type required to make it work?
3. What specifically does the opcode do? Does it display an image on the "info" page, or something else?

Thanks so much in advance for your help!

eric_telemaque

Re: "image=" opcode

Postby eric_telemaque » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:27 pm

Hi,

The 'image' opcode isn't implemented in ARIA. As far as I know, it's not supported by any maker that I remember.

michaelwayneharwood wrote:3. What specifically does the opcode do? Does it display an image on the "info" page, or something else?

See, that's exactly the problem: How to achieve this isn't really documented and would vary from one player to another.
The images sforzando loads are dealt with separately through GUI files, not sfz. This isn't user editable, sorry!
On the other hand, if you really want to, you can completely re-skin sforzando or the instrument banks, but no images for single sfz files :)
Éric Patenaude,
Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
http://www.plogue.com

michaelwayneharwood

Re: "image=" opcode

Postby michaelwayneharwood » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:46 pm

Thanks for the quick response! My understanding is that skinning and GUI elements requires a purchased license, and I am considering that as on option as well.

Return to “SFZ Programming”