stretch drum loop to bpm

Discussion on the SFZ implementation and opcodes available in the ARIA engine.

Moderators: eric_telemaque, davidv

jdfgdfh

stretch drum loop to bpm

Postby jdfgdfh » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:35 pm

made drum instrument from soniccouture's brush kit... the swish loop is ~ 118bpm ...
Is it possible stretch to the songs bpm?

eric_telemaque

Re: stretch drum loop to bpm

Postby eric_telemaque » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:15 am

The only ARIA feature that would be related to that is the Acidized WAV import. It will use the slice markers to sync the loop to the song's tempo. It can sound choppy when the song's tempo is way slower than the loop's original bpm, but it also can be a lot of fun.
Éric Patenaude,
Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
http://www.plogue.com

pljones

Postby pljones » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:37 pm

It can be enhanced by using different samples for different regions of bpm using lobpm/hibpm, IIRC.

It would be "really useful" to get the support for ACIDized WAVs documented clearly from the bottom up - i.e. including the spec for the WAVs as well as the ARIA Engine handling of the markers. There is precious little info out on the web.

davidv
Site Admin

Postby davidv » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:10 pm

pljones wrote:It would be "really useful" to get the support for ACIDized WAVs documented clearly from the bottom up - i.e. including the spec for the WAVs as well as the ARIA Engine handling of the markers. There is precious little info out on the web.

We can't publish any info ourselves since we are under NDA with Sony with regards to this specification.
David Viens,
Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
http://www.plogue.com

pljones

Postby pljones » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:47 pm

Ah, that's why there's nothing on the web, then? I'd not realised they felt it was such a pulling point as to sell product for them. But hey, that's Sony.

Return to “SFZ Programming”