<midi> section

Discussion on the SFZ implementation and opcodes available in the ARIA engine.

Moderators: eric_telemaque, davidv

niki
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:12 pm

<midi> section

Postby niki » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:23 pm

Hi!

Is there any open information on <midi> section?
Would be nice to have some midi-processing without need of third-party tools...
Is it only supposed to be used in ARIA-licensed libraries?

Thanks!

davidv
Site Admin
Posts: 1567
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:23 pm
Contact:

Re: <midi> section

Postby davidv » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:54 am

That is correct the <midi> section is only for official SDK-built plugins which require a special contract and license.
We thought about making a LUA script MIDI processor, but there have not been sufficient monetary incentive to do so.
David Viens,
Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
http://www.plogue.com

niki
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:12 pm

Re: <midi> section

Postby niki » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:47 am

davidv wrote:That is correct the <midi> section is only for official SDK-built plugins which require a special contract and license.
We thought about making a LUA script MIDI processor, but there have not been sufficient monetary incentive to do so.


Understood.
From what my small research shows there is sadly not so much interest from commercial developers to create sfz libraries.
To be honest I don't understand why..
Sfz and sforzando/ARIA is the only real alternative to K if we talk about complex libraries and scripting (well, I don't know much about M5, but as it is even more expensive and much less popular than K, I don't think it is alternative at all). And sfz is free to start, free to distribute and free to play. And sforzando is extremely powerful sample player and free! And if developer wants custom GUI and custom functions then licensing ARIA engine is here (well it depends on price rates of course which is unknown to me for now).

LUA script MIDI processor would be very nice. But of course all depends on price and functionality. And as you said there is sadly not much monetary incentive for now...

But I hope and I wish that sfz becomes more popular and strong. (And for that we need more complex sfz libraries of good quality, and probably just some little more features that K already has).

davidv
Site Admin
Posts: 1567
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:23 pm
Contact:

Re: <midi> section

Postby davidv » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:28 am

niki wrote:From what my small research shows there is sadly not so much interest from commercial developers to create sfz libraries.
To be honest I don't understand why..


We get nearly daily emails for commercial sforzando bank requests, so YMMV.

The current ones:
http://www.plogue.com/instrument-banks-sforzando/
David Viens,

Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.

http://www.plogue.com

niki
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:12 pm

Re: <midi> section

Postby niki » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:33 pm

davidv wrote:
niki wrote:From what my small research shows there is sadly not so much interest from commercial developers to create sfz libraries.
To be honest I don't understand why..


We get nearly daily emails for commercial sforzando bank requests, so YMMV.


Do you mean requests from developers or requests from potential buyers? Different things in my opinion...

Btw have you received my email (week has passed already) from nikita at hammerforce. I am currently recording samples for commercial library and I choose which way I go with it. I would like to know prices and restrictions for licensing ARIA engine (I am ready to sign NDA, no problem). Also would be nice to know price on developing custom MIDI proc for ARIA or adding functions to ARIA to make my library work as well as K competitors (because for now some needed functionality is missing). I understand that I am newcomer here, but nonetheless...
Thanks for your time!


Return to “SFZ Programming”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests