Real samples of glissando between notes

Discussion on the SFZ implementation and opcodes available in the ARIA engine.

Moderators: eric_telemaque, davidv

niki

Real samples of glissando between notes

Postby niki » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:52 pm

Hi!

I record samples of real glissando (slide) between notes.

Thanks to CC140 (KeyDelta) I can choose which glissando sample to play to connect notes. (I haven't tested yet if CC140 is affected by kewswitches though...)

But what I can't do is to adjust glissando volume depending on how long previous note was held. And for guitar slides it is quite noticeable sometimes.

First I thought that it can be done somehow with trigger=release and rt_decay. But it can't. I see no way to know which sample to play on release stage of the note (depending on which next note is). (I thought about sw_down to know currently overlapping note, but I also have keyswitches in usual sense here, so it doesn't seem to work in parallel)

lotimer/hitimer currently are not implemented in sforzando. They may help. Or may not depending on how they are implemented.

Or may be I miss some other way here?
Thanks!

davidv
Site Admin

Re: Real samples of glissando between notes

Postby davidv » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:26 am

niki wrote:y are not implemented in sforzando. They may help. Or may not depending on how they are implemented.

The official definition of lo/hitimer is
"Sets the region to play if the specified time has elapsed since a region in the same (poly)group has played."
I did not yet implement it, its a fact.
David Viens,
Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
http://www.plogue.com

niki

Re: Real samples of glissando between notes

Postby niki » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:55 am

davidv wrote:The official definition of lo/hitimer is
"Sets the region to play if the specified time has elapsed since a region in the same (poly)group has played."
I did not yet implement it, its a fact.

Yes, I've read it in Simon Cann's book of course. But does it mean time since region playing started (which would be nice) or time since playing ended?
Anyway it doesn't matter much for now as it isn't implemented yet.
Thanks for the answer!

Return to “SFZ Programming”