presets for blind registered user please

Post your chipsounds presets here

Moderators: eric_telemaque, davidv, seb@plogue

zatoichi

presets for blind registered user please

Postby zatoichi » Tue May 24, 2011 8:18 am

Hi,

I've been a registered user of chip sounds for a few years now, and so far i am unable to use it with any daw i have. Garage band, logic, pro tools as well as the standalone.

I guess this is mostly because some element on the interface which is inaccessible to blind mac users has to be checked or something to generate sounds.

As i have delved more into the inaccessible plugins world, i have however found out that most plugins do work when accompanied by default presets straight out of the box. Chipsounds though doesn't include them or i'm not sure where to find them in the file hierarchy.

Here is my question.

Can anyone help me with getting some of the default presets like those advertised on the manual, all the different bit sounds that i can then use with my midi keyboard?

I use a mac on OS 10.6.7 and my favorite daw so far (as its the most accessible) is garage band from ilife 11. I use the au version of chipsounds, and have various external controllers, one which is the akai mpd-26.

Any help with getting my chip quest going would be immensely appreciated.

Hope this reaches someone.

Zatoichi

Cold oscillation

Re: presets for blind registered user please

Postby Cold oscillation » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:15 am

Hi, i am a blind user too and use Chipsounds on Windows with the Virgo Screenreader. Make with sighted help a Hotspot on the button Snapshot Preset. There are all Sounds.
Best regarts
@Plogue
More accessibility please. Apple make it easy. :)

zatoichi

Postby zatoichi » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:17 am

Hi,

Yep found a solution though not the best, but am getting by with it so far ")

Cold oscillation

Postby Cold oscillation » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:30 am

Can you please tell me your way to load presets on Mac?
And a further offtopic question. Do you work with Omnisphere?

zatoichi

Postby zatoichi » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:47 pm

Hi,

What you need to do is a bit convoluted but it works.

Here are the steps required:

1-Download the click terminal command which will allow you to specify a mouse location on the screen.

http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?s ... 1406323031

Download the compiled version, then place in your /usr/bin folder via terminal.

2- In terminal:

Cp click /usr/bin

This will make it so that you can run the program from anywhere in terminal.

3-run the click program with the following options:

Click -x 762 -y 599

The x and y coordinates are on most macs the same, but if you are on a different screen resolution, get sighted assistance to point the mouse to where "snapshots" is written, where the down arrow is. Then to get the mouse coordinates press ctrl option command F5 twice to get the location. If in voice over your screen sizes are in inches, change them to pixels in the voice over utility )with ctrl option F8)

Note: you have to make sure that mouse ignores voice over cursor so that it doesn't move when you move voice over.

4- Open your daw, load chipsounds and go to the edit window. I do this with garage band for now.

5-Make sure your mouse is at the right location, 762 599 from top left of screen.

6-turn vo off by typing command F5 or command FN F5 on a laptop.

Finally, click away with the trackpad or mouse and you will have your chipsounds coming out.

As i said earlier, this is a really convoluted method but the only one i found so far.

What would be great is that just those two elements on the UI, up and down arrow, and perhaps also a descritpion of the chipsound be made accessible.

I've asked the developers and not quite sure what will happen, but crossing fingers cuz i love this plugin.

Enjoy

zatoichi

Postby zatoichi » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:41 am

Oh, wait sorry the coordinates are wrong:

The down arrow to start sifting through your presets is located on 762 559 not 762 599

Sorry about that

Return to “chipsounds Presets”