Ideas for DMG chip and wave sequencer

Post your feature requests/wishlist here

Moderators: eric_telemaque, davidv, seb@plogue

Tansunn

Ideas for DMG chip and wave sequencer

Postby Tansunn » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:37 pm

I don't know how easy it would be to incorporate, but it would be nice to be able to automate the Wave shape instead of being restricted to a single shape. If you know what you're doing with it, you can make some awesome sounds, like the disc-scratching effect in this example (full song available here). If you look at it in an audio editor, you can see that it's rapidly changing the wave shape and not just pitch/volume tricks.

As for the Wave Sequencer, would it be possible to have the option to break that up into multiple sequences based on event type instead of lumping them all together? I'm used to coding NES music in MML where you define volume, pitch, and pulse width macros separately. For example, say you have a volume macro that goes from loud to soft and back to loud { | 15 13 11 9 7 7 9 11 13 15 }, a pulse width macro that slowly cycles from 12.5% to 50% and back { | 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 }, and an arpeggio macro { | 0 4 7 }. ( | indicates the loop point to return to after reaching the end of the sequence, and every number is the exact same length.) ChipSounds doesn't seem to have a way to combine macros of uneven length like that.

In any case, I've been having a blast with ChipSounds, and it can only get better from here. I look forward to seeing future updates.

davidv
Site Admin

Re: Ideas for DMG chip and wave sequencer

Postby davidv » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:26 am

hi

yes both of these are good update ideas. the wave channel will be revisited for sure, but i have even better plans than just doing a multiple frames "animations" ... stay tuned
David Viens,
Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
http://www.plogue.com

rutgermuller

Re: Ideas for DMG chip and wave sequencer

Postby rutgermuller » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:45 am

Exciting :)

Return to “chipsounds Feature Requests”