My feature requests

Post your feature requests/wishlist here

Moderators: eric_telemaque, davidv, seb@plogue

Absurdist_Lover

My feature requests

Postby Absurdist_Lover » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:22 pm

Firstly and most practically, I'd like to suggest a way to create continuous value ramps in the instrument editor. It seems a bit perverse to have to enter every single number when you could just specify the beginning, end and step values and let the computer do it :). Please correct me if I've overlooked something and this is possible!

Also, I had a couple of ideas for 'custom waveforms' I'd like to see. I don't know how easy or hard these would be to impliment, and I know you guys have plans and wotnot, but I thought it was worth mentioning:

1 - would it be practical to have a higher resolution version of the gameboy Wave channel, complete with the waveform mangling PWM types? Perhaps 8 bit and a higher sample rate (but obviously not too high as it has to be hand drawable). When you added this feature in 1.5, which I've never heard before, I was taken aback by the awesomeness and freshness of the sounds it can produce, and I think an 8-bit version may sort of sound a bit like the Amiga synthsounds that you could create in some trackers (and/or short amiga samples as used on the Amiga chiptune scene).

2 - it would be a neat touch if the 'hard sync/buzzer sync' in Custom Waveforms came in sawtooth, triangle, and whatever other variants might sound good as well? (A fixed short noise loop perhaps?)

Anyway, I'm loving Chipsounds and whilst I also have QuadraSid, CS is the first synthesizer which has inspired me to make whole albums worth of chipstyle music, and have it sound authentic! Amazing :)

davidv
Site Admin

Re: My feature requests

Postby davidv » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:41 pm

Hi

thanks for this.
I think these would be easy to add in fact, since the waveform code can draw/render arbitrary number of steps. Lets see what i can do in the future.
David Viens,
Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
http://www.plogue.com

Absurdist_Lover

Re: My feature requests

Postby Absurdist_Lover » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:25 am

Awesome!

Return to “chipsounds Feature Requests”