Wave Sequencer - Key Signature Control

Post your feature requests/wishlist here

Moderators: eric_telemaque, davidv, seb@plogue

Ash

Wave Sequencer - Key Signature Control

Postby Ash » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:59 am

Hiya, been testing the demo version and its precisely what im after... cant wait till payday!
Anyway...

I was thinking is there any way to have an option to make the wave sequencer preset be controlled by a set key signature.

This would help live use incredibly as the plugin would then recognise that when playing in Cmaj 'C' 'F' and 'G' would play the major preset, 'D' 'E' or 'A' would need to play a minor preset sound and a 'B' a diminished one. At the minute it would seem that unless you only want to use 1 4 5 chords or octaves, out of key notes will be played. Someone correct me here if I'm missing a feature that does this, like I said I've only been toying around so far :D

Obviously there would then be an issue of changing key mid song but at if I could play a full diatonic scale through the wave sequencer, I would be ecstatic! :D

Let me know what you guys think. Is this feasible? Is it already possible and I'm just being dense? :lol:

I did a quick search but couldn't find this idea already... Sorry if I've duplicated a post :P
Ash x

Gen_

Re: Wave Sequencer - Key Signature Control

Postby Gen_ » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:33 am

If you mean being able to dial in a key and scale to make the Wave sequencer dodge duff notes when playing fifths and major/minor chords etc, that would be awesome.

Also, I don't know if it can be done already, but being able to automate the presets box would be cool too. Maybe use banks however, as otherwise adding a couple presets would shift everything in the scale.

davidv
Site Admin

Re: Wave Sequencer - Key Signature Control

Postby davidv » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:04 pm

Gen_ wrote:If you mean being able to dial in a key and scale to make the Wave sequencer dodge duff notes when playing fifths and major/minor chords etc, that would be awesome.

Also, I don't know if it can be done already, but being able to automate the presets box would be cool too. Maybe use banks however, as otherwise adding a couple presets would shift everything in the scale.

For scale/rootkey, my problem is the number of notes. Would it always be triads? What if you want to do inversions, or play the octave of root, or 'third' or whatever, it just becomes a bit hard to make a UI for these choices.

Automating preset boxes would be hard to do across plugin standards/hosts .

If I easily could i would add those features.,
David Viens,
Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
http://www.plogue.com

Return to “chipsounds Feature Requests”