Can't see the RTAS plugin under Pro Tools 8?

Post your bug reports/problems here

Moderators: eric_telemaque, davidv, seb@plogue

davidv
Site Admin

Can't see the RTAS plugin under Pro Tools 8?

Postby davidv » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:26 am

Hi

*First*
If you have Pro Tools M-Powered Essential
you CANT run other plugins than whats benn bundeld with you device:
http://www.m-audio.com/?do=support.faq& ... ef1a6a7528

Second:

chipsounds come as a Multichannel/Stereo plugin in pro tools, not as a multi mono (it cant run in mono)

Under Mac OS X
1)Check to see if you've got chipsounds installed in here:

/Library/Application Support/Digidesign/Plug-ins/chipsounds.dpm
And not in
/Library/Application Support/Digidesign/Plug-ins (unused)

2)make sure you select it in this structure:

Under Windows
1)Check to see if you've got chipsounds installed in here:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE\Plug-Ins\chipsounds RTAS_x86.dpm
And not in
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE\Plug-Ins (unused)\chipsounds RTAS_x86.dpm

NOTE: there is a bug in the chipsounds 1.0 installer where we place the RTAS (dpm) file into "Common Files" _regardless_ of the language of your operating system... you will need to move it.

2)make sure you select it in this structure:

If the files are in the right place and you DONT see chipsounds in that SAME menu, please send us your logs.
David Viens,
Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
http://www.plogue.com

Lone_Gunman

Re: Can't see the RTAS plugin under Pro Tools 8?

Postby Lone_Gunman » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:29 pm

...so this hasn't been updated in four years and Pro Tools 11 is days away (at which point RTAS won't be supported anyway) but for those of us attempting to demo in 10, what should we do if everything shows up in the right folders but doesn't show up in the plugin drop-downs? Which "logs" are you looking for?

davidv
Site Admin

Postby davidv » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:18 pm

Lone_Gunman wrote:...so this hasn't been updated in four years and Pro Tools 11 is days away (at which point RTAS won't be supported anyway) but for those of us attempting to demo in 10, what should we do if everything shows up in the right folders but doesn't show up in the plugin drop-downs? Which "logs" are you looking for?

You think because the post hasn't been updated in 4 years that we haven't worked on the product? :)
last time I checked (last week) chipsounds worked in PT 8.05, 9 and 10.3.5, NATIVE or LE, not TDM

As long as its a STEREO INSTRUMENT TRACK.

PT 11 requires AAX which we are not yet sure we are going to support since they force our hands into lands we don't feel comfortable on (
check around other devs).

ARIA Logs are done with this:
Windows: Start > Programs > Plogue > chipsounds > Generate logs
OS X: /Applications/Plogue chipsounds/Generate logs.app

But I dont think this is going to help since the plugin never ran.
David Viens,

Lone_Gunman

Postby Lone_Gunman » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:03 pm

davidv wrote:You think because the post hasn't been updated in 4 years that we haven't worked on the product? :)
last time I checked (last week) chipsounds worked in PT 8.05, 9 and 10.3.5, NATIVE or LE, not TDM

No... I think that since the POST says "October 29, 2009" that the POST hasn't been updated in four years. I was calling attention to the fact that the instructions for Pro Tools are now two (three) versions old in an attempt to get more up-to-date ones to work with.

davidv wrote:PT 11 requires AAX which we are not yet sure we are going to support since they force our hands into lands we don't feel comfortable on (
check around other devs).

I am also aware of that. I am also more than a little involved in said development. Be that as it may, I'm running 10.3.5 and I would very much like to try your product. Unfortunately it isn't showing up in the pull-down (as mentioned) and your app says "don't run this unless we asked you to." So I'll presume you're asking me to. The only question remaining is where you would like me to submit them as I see no way to attach a file here and I find no email address under your help section.

FYI, Chipsounds.app has opened one of the four times I've instantiated it. I suspect it's angry that I run my system at 48khz (Pro Tools threw up a clock error when I fired up the standalone) but your error logs are long and I'd rather you read them as you know what you're looking for.

davidv wrote:But I dont think this is going to help since the plugin never ran.

...just so we're clear, I'm trying to figure out if I want to give you money. All I'm asking for is help in getting your program to run. I'm not sure why I'm being berated for that, but I am sure it's affecting my purchasing decisions.

Tell me where you would like me to send my logfiles and I shall do so. Alternatively, tell me that you'd rather not take my money and I'll be on my merry way.

davidv
Site Admin

Postby davidv » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:17 pm

The only question remaining is where you would like me to submit them as I see no way to attach a file here and I find no email address under your help section.

Please make that support at plogue.com, but as mentioned, the logs are only created when you run a specific 'wrapper' (standalone, vst/rtas), It wont tell us why the RTAS doesn't show, which apart from what we wrote on this page, (which is dated 2009 as you mentioned) we are not aware of new reasons why it wouldn't. And we have quite a few PT users.

The steps to run chipsounds in PT are the same from 8.x to 10.x
same number of outputs, pretty much same known issues, nothing new since 8.x

If you are on PC, you might have broken MSVC2005 assemblies, but that would be surprising as PT needs them.
David Viens,

Return to “chipsounds Bugs and Problems”