Settings saving is inconsistent

Post your bug reports/problems here

Moderators: eric_telemaque, davidv, seb@plogue

hutchinson9736

Settings saving is inconsistent

Postby hutchinson9736 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:35 pm

Hi,

I have a legal version of chipsounds (Multi) on aux input track on Pro Tools 9. I assign a midi channel to a chip slot, select a chip, save session, close. When I reopen the session, it's a roll of the dice to determine if those settings were saved. SOMETIMES they do save, and once they do, it is saved forever.

This is extremely frustrating . Let me know if I can provide more information... or if I'm doing something wrong.

Paul

Pro Tools 9.0.6
Windows 7 Home x64
4 GB RAM

davidv
Site Admin

Re: Settings saving is inconsistent

Postby davidv » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:10 pm

Hi,

This is pretty weird, never heard of that before, I'm assuming its a PT only issue that we haven't encountered so far.
Can you run "Generate Logs" from the start menu (once) and mail us the Aria logs {YOU}.tar.gz file on your desktop?
David Viens,
Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
http://www.plogue.com

hutchinson9736

Postby hutchinson9736 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:58 pm

Thanks for the speedy reply!

I sent the logs to info@plogue.com.

After more digging, I came across these things:

1 - new session, new aux track, instantiate chipsounds, select MIDI channel and chip, save. Upon reopening the session, the first (and at this point and time, only) slot always saves perfectly.

2 - same session as previous, select second MIDI channel and chip, save. Upon reopening, it usually does not save. However, if I do almost anything in PT (e.g. move timeline, change edit<->mix windows, etc.) before saving, it will usually save upon reopening WITH some inconsistencies (e.g. wavetype and keyboard are blank, but will "wake up").

Hope this helps.

Paul

davidv
Site Admin

Postby davidv » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:00 am

Running PT HD 10 here,

Upon a change in the chipsounds interface, Pro tools does not know that chipsounds has changed so it doesnt ask to save, (the File/Save menu entry is grey as well), but I can 'save as' correctly and , as you say if I move something in PT (which PT knows about), then it asks to save.

Once theres an actual save however, chipsounds always remembers correctly from my tests, i wish i could reproduce this behaviour you're seeing.
David Viens,

davidv
Site Admin

Postby davidv » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:13 am

If you can reproduce it 100% of times could you please try this:
Reach the point were you saved and you know that upon restart that the data would be lost.

Close PT, run the Generate Logs util again, and send over.

Since logs get overwriten each time, its better to capture the issue when it happens.

thanks in advance, im sure we will get to the bottom of this.
David Viens,

hutchinson9736

Postby hutchinson9736 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:03 pm

Hi David,

I can't seem to reproduce that 100% of the time. It appears that upon reopening the session after I correctly save, the last chip that I entered will very rarely have the keyboard greyed out and the waveform selector blank. I am okay with this, because it appears no data is lost, and it all comes back if I simply close the GUI and reopen in.

I'm just happy to know that the main saving problem was with me and not PT or your software.

If I can find a way to reproduce that 100% of the time, I will let you know and send the logs. Until then, thank you so much for your support.

Paul

davidv
Site Admin

Postby davidv » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:38 am

hutchinson9736 wrote:I can't seem to reproduce that 100% of the time. It appears that upon reopening the session after I correctly save, the last chip that I entered will very rarely have the keyboard greyed out and the waveform selector blank. I am okay with this, because it appears no data is lost, and it all comes back if I simply close the GUI and reopen in.

So its a refresh issue then? Yeah we know there are a few such issues still, especially in PT, but its hard to track (4 versions of pro tools on 2 platforms :)
David Viens,

Return to “chipsounds Bugs and Problems”