Snapshot weird behavior

Post your bug reports/problems here

Moderators: eric_telemaque, davidv, seb@plogue

akb44

Snapshot weird behavior

Postby akb44 » Wed May 02, 2012 3:20 pm

I was going through the snapshots yesterday and discovered something unusual for at least one snapshot (haven't been through all of them).

First, when I load the factory snapshot "LD Blippy" into slot 1, the arpeggiator is turned off, but when it is loaded into other slots, the arpeggiator is turned on. This results in different sounds; I believe the correct one is with the arpeggiator on. Is this expected behavior, and if so, why is this the case?
Second, some of the parameters do not seem to reset when a snapshot in a slot is cleared or changed to something else. For example, if a snapshot has a reverb of 0, it seems that it will instead take on the reverb of whatever was there previously. Panning settings behave similarly (though I have not tested in-depth). Sometimes MIDI Delay will remain on. For example, if LD Delay Lead is loaded in slot 1 and then changed to LD Blippy, LD Blippy takes on a short delay (for some reason, this does not happen in slot 2, where the arpeggiator starts turned on).

Are these errors or expected behavior, and if so, why?

davidv
Site Admin

Re: Snapshot weird behavior

Postby davidv » Thu May 03, 2012 7:53 am

Thanks for the reports. I love details.

akb44 wrote:First, when I load the factory snapshot "LD Blippy" into slot 1, the arpeggiator is turned off, but when it is loaded into other slots, the arpeggiator is turned on. This results in different sounds; I believe the correct one is with the arpeggiator on. Is this expected behavior, and if so, why is this the case?

I cant reproduce this. If i start chipsounds from scratch and load LD Blippy in slot 1 or slot 2 , the arp is on.
(but this is from my 1.6 beta build, so this is probably fixed since I reworked some parameter stuff )

akb44 wrote:Second, some of the parameters do not seem to reset when a snapshot in a slot is cleared or changed to something else. For example, if a snapshot has a reverb of 0, it seems that it will instead take on the reverb of whatever was there previously. Panning settings behave similarly (though I have not tested in-depth).

This I CAN reproduce however. Make that a bug, ill try to squeeze that in next build

akb44 wrote:Sometimes MIDI Delay will remain on. For example, if LD Delay Lead is loaded in slot 1 and then changed to LD Blippy, LD Blippy takes on a short delay (for some reason, this does not happen in slot 2, where the arpeggiator starts turned on).

cant repro, thats probably the same thing as arp (both are plugins), and my current aria build might have fixed this already.

Slots do have memory of past loads, (unless you force emtpy them before) this is for the purpose of changing chips without changing other settings which are common. loading a snapshot however should wipe the old stuff completely. Ill try to iron out the remaining bugs
David Viens,
Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
http://www.plogue.com

akb44

Postby akb44 » Thu May 03, 2012 10:41 pm

I was previously using the plugin version (x86) in Live 8; I checked the standalone version, and the standalone version does not have the two bugs you could not reproduce, but the VST does.

davidv
Site Admin

Postby davidv » Fri May 04, 2012 9:36 am

akb44 wrote:I was previously using the plugin version (x86) in Live 8; I checked the standalone version, and the standalone version does not have the two bugs you could not reproduce, but the VST does.

Ah I get it, then its due to the VST parameter stuff thats interfering, thanks for the precision.
Reproduced now, this needs an update for sure.

Thanks for the report, i'm on it.
David Viens,

Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.

http://www.plogue.com

Return to “chipsounds Bugs and Problems”