Chipsounds 1.6 Doesn't show up in Ableton

Post your bug reports/problems here

Moderators: eric_telemaque, davidv, seb@plogue

endor-8o8

Chipsounds 1.6 Doesn't show up in Ableton

Postby endor-8o8 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:37 am

Hello,

I bought chipsounds this morning and unfortunately it doesn't want to show up in Ableton.
The installation completed without any problem and in the right folder (so no path error).
I tried refreshing my vst folder and rescaning it entirely at Ableton start but it didn't a thing...
Anyone had this kind of problem ?

Endor.

davidv
Site Admin

Re: Chipsounds 1.6 Doesn't show up in Ableton

Postby davidv » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:05 am

endor-8o8 wrote:Hello,

I bought chipsounds this morning and unfortunately it doesn't want to show up in Ableton.
The installation completed without any problem and in the right folder (so no path error).
I tried refreshing my vst folder and rescaning it entirely at Ableton start but it didn't a thing...
Anyone had this kind of problem ?

Endor.

could you tell us more about your OS, which version of Ableton live and (32/64 bits)
and if the chipsounds_x86.dll (or chipsounds_x64.dll) is in the folder that Ableton is looking for.

Does the standlone version of chipsounds work fine?
David Viens,
Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
http://www.plogue.com

endor-8o8

Postby endor-8o8 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:11 am

Sorry yes I completely forgot to give more details. I'm on Windows 7 (64 bit), Ableton Live 8.3.4 (32 bit).
Both Chipsoundsx86 and Chipsoundsx64 are present in my vst folder and
the standalone version seems to work just fine.

Thanks for helpind, much appreciated !

Endors.

davidv
Site Admin

Postby davidv » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:15 pm

endor-8o8 wrote:Sorry yes I completely forgot to give more details. I'm on Windows 7 (64 bit), Ableton Live 8.3.4 (32 bit).

Endors.

This should work, it does for everyone, please make sure the ableton path is the same as your plugin path.

If you could also run Report Technical Issue and send the .tar.gz files from your desktop to us info at plogue
David Viens,

endor-8o8

Postby endor-8o8 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:34 pm

davidv wrote:
endor-8o8 wrote:Sorry yes I completely forgot to give more details. I'm on Windows 7 (64 bit), Ableton Live 8.3.4 (32 bit).

Endors.

This should work, it does for everyone, please make sure the ableton path is the same as your plugin path.

If you could also run Report Technical Issue and send the .tar.gz files from your desktop to us info at plogue

I can't run report technical issue cause there aren't any problem. It's just that the vst doesn't appear, like Ableton don't recognize it.

davidv
Site Admin

Postby davidv » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:47 pm

endor-8o8 wrote:I can't run report technical issue cause there aren't any problem. It's just that the vst doesn't appear, like Ableton don't recognize it.

So ... how's that not a problem/issue? Please run it and let us investigate, it tells us more than crashes, like installation status.
David Viens,

endor-8o8

Postby endor-8o8 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:17 pm

davidv wrote:
endor-8o8 wrote:I can't run report technical issue cause there aren't any problem. It's just that the vst doesn't appear, like Ableton don't recognize it.

So ... how's that not a problem/issue? Please run it and let us investigate, it tells us more than crashes, like installation status.

When I launch Ableton there is no crash report or stuff like that. How am I supposed to do ?

eric_telemaque

Postby eric_telemaque » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:41 pm

endor-8o8 wrote:When I launch Ableton there is no crash report or stuff like that. How am I supposed to do ?

Hi,

Start Menu -> All Programs -> Plogue -> chipsounds -> Generate logs

Then send the tar.gz file created on your desktop to info[at]plogue.com.
Éric Patenaude,

eric_telemaque

Postby eric_telemaque » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:56 pm

Come to think of it, I think it's worth repeating that you should confirm that the VST Plug-In custom folder set in your Live 8 Preferences is the same folder chosen during chipsounds vst installation. Just to double-check... :)
Éric Patenaude,

endor-8o8

Postby endor-8o8 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:57 pm

eric_telemaque wrote:
endor-8o8 wrote:When I launch Ableton there is no crash report or stuff like that. How am I supposed to do ?

Hi,

Start Menu -> All Programs -> Plogue -> chipsounds -> Generate logs

Then send the tar.gz file created on your desktop to info[at]plogue.com.

Ok! I thought you were talking about Ableton crash report. I sent you the log Chipsounds generated on my desktop.
Thanks again for your help !

endor-8o8

Postby endor-8o8 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:59 pm

eric_telemaque wrote:Come to think of it, I think it's worth repeating that you should confirm that the VST Plug-In custom folder set in your Live 8 Preferences is the same folder chosen during chipsounds vst installation. Just to double-check... :)

I only use one and only VST folder for my daws (Ableton and Reaper), it's not about the path.

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Postby seb@plogue » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:33 pm

Ok, that's really weird. Both 32 and 64-bit versions are loading fine in Reaper (32 and 64) from the Vstplugins folder of your Reaper 64 installation. Both it looks like Live is not even attempting to load the files! Even if it was trying to load one of the dlls and crashing you would get both a dialog from Live and we would have seen a log file containing the crash in what you sent! Besides having a dll with a mismatch architecture (i.e. a 32bit app attempting to load a 64bit plugin or the other way around) or missing dll dependencies (you would normally get an error dialog if that was the case), we're trying to figure out other possible reasons for that to happen.

I'm trying to see if Live writes anything helpful in its own log file to see if having that from a VST scan would help.

endor-8o8

Postby endor-8o8 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:42 pm

seb@plogue wrote:Ok, that's really weird. Both 32 and 64-bit versions are loading fine in Reaper (32 and 64) from the Vstplugins folder of your Reaper 64 installation. Both it looks like Live is not even attempting to load the files! Even if it was trying to load one of the dlls and crashing you would get both a dialog from Live and we would have seen a log file containing the crash in what you sent! Besides having a dll with a mismatch architecture (i.e. a 32bit app attempting to load a 64bit plugin or the other way around) or missing dll dependencies (you would normally get an error dialog if that was the case), we're trying to figure out other possible reasons for that to happen.

I'm trying to see if Live writes anything helpful in its own log file to see if having that from a VST scan would help.

I uninstall and re-install Ableton and believe it or not but now it loads the Chipsounds. I think that this soft is a bit lunatic :? . I'm glad to be able to use
your amazing synth in this vicious Ableton lol.

Thanks very much for all your efforts guys, that's really good to know that your company takes great care of its customers!

Cheers from France,
Endor.

Return to “chipsounds Bugs and Problems”