Effects Problem

Post your bug reports/problems here

Moderators: eric_telemaque, davidv, seb@plogue

Gavin Harrison

Effects Problem

Postby Gavin Harrison » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:07 am

Is there a way of disabling the effects (ie ambience etc) permanently when loading a snapshot? Currently I set the effects to empty once I have loaded a patch, but this never seems to save with the project (in Logic 9.1.7) so if I re open the song I have to manually open every instance of Chipsounds I have and set all the effects to empty?

davidv
Site Admin

Re: Effects Problem

Postby davidv » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:36 am

Hi

Seems like you are right, the workaround until i fix this bug would be to set all sends to 0% on all slots.
Thanks for spotting this
David Viens,
Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
http://www.plogue.com

Gavin Harrison

Postby Gavin Harrison » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:56 am

Ok thanks for that and the superbly quick support! Brilliant program, I started out making music on the ZX Spectrum in the early 90's using soundtracker...before that I'd never considered doing music at all...I did the INC (from Orangepixel) music using a Spectrum again but I don't think I would have the time to go through that process every chiptune I write so Chipsounds has been a blessing!

davidv
Site Admin

Postby davidv » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:31 pm

Gavin Harrison wrote:Ok thanks for that and the superbly quick support! Brilliant program, I started out making music on the
ZX Spectrum in the early 90's using soundtracker...before that I'd never considered doing music at all...I did the INC (from Orangepixel) music using a Spectrum again but I don't think I would have the time to go through that process every chiptune I write so Chipsounds has been a blessing!

Yeah same here. Even pluging my MIDINES or MIDIBox this or that kind of gets in the way of inspiration.
Thanks
David Viens,

Gavin Harrison

Postby Gavin Harrison » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:18 am

I would happily take those off your hands... :)

Just using Chipsounds for the next Orangepixel game right now!

bmigal

Postby bmigal » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:09 pm

Has this issue been addressed yet? the ambience settings don't seem to save with my patches.

davidv
Site Admin

Postby davidv » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:27 am

bmigal wrote:Has this issue been addressed yet? the ambience settings don't seem to save with my patches.

Fraid not. Do you want to save custom settings of ambiance, or you want ambiance always off?
David Viens,

ovnis31

Postby ovnis31 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:57 pm

the workaround until i fix this bug would be to set all sends to 0% on all slots.

When ?
In 2026 ?

davidv
Site Admin

Postby davidv » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:02 pm

ovnis31 wrote:
the workaround until i fix this bug would be to set all sends to 0% on all slots.

When ?
In 2026 ?

Since 1.6 (Sept 10th 2012) it is impossible to empty the effect slot, this is per engine design.

You can either set your send level to 0 for each slot, but then as soon as you load a built in snap shot this will be overloaded
The best solution is to set the RETURN level to -oo on the Effect tab like this (scroll down picture)

ambiance.png
ambiance.png (275.97 KiB) Viewed 3993 times

If you save and recall, there will be no reverb.

I'm not sure what you guys want more.
David Viens,

pljones

Postby pljones » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:45 pm

In case it's not just me: I get this on your post David:
"You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post."

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Postby seb@plogue » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:49 am

"You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post."

should be fixed, it seems the permissions on the chipsounds subforums didn't allow registered users to view the attachments
(but guests could).

davidv
Site Admin

Postby davidv » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:53 pm

Well

Apparently I was wrong about "Empty" being gone in 1.669. The tag was there in the UI definitions but the engine did not honor it until a bit later.

That doesn't change the current workaround though. Leave ambiance there, but set return level to -oo.

Thing is whatever I cant make it so that every NEW instance of chipsounds will still have -6dB in there

So you need to do it for any new instance, like you would need for any other VST.

Two hard solutions.
Either delete "AmbianceXXX.dll" (bad)

You can also save a snapshot with ambiance/-oo dB return and rename it to default.ariax in the install folder.

We didnt allow a "save as default" for VST/AU as it could potentially slow down the start of each instance.
But chipsounds is not a piano library, so it could work in that context.
David Viens,

ovnis31

Postby ovnis31 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:17 am

We didnt allow a "save as default" for VST/AU as it could potentially slow down the start of each instance..

Is it a joke ?

Either delete "AmbianceXXX.dll" (bad)

On my computeur, there is no "AmbianceXXX.dll"

I'm not sure what you guys want more.

Maybe an "empty" function which works really (the UI shows this option) and when we open an saved preset, the possibility to recall correctly ambiance, delay and mod delay's settings ? All these settings go away after we leave the plug and recall it with the same preset.

Do you think that it's acceptable ?

When i read yours messages and yours "Two hard solutions" "I'm not sure what you guys want more." "like you would need for any other VST"", I think you will not make update of this plug.

I am wrong ?

davidv
Site Admin

Postby davidv » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:30 am

ovnis31 wrote:Is it a joke ?

You know what is more funny? People that think they will get more sympathy by not being nice.

The engine is used by many high end sample libraries, allowing a 10 GB piano to load by default would very much kill
user experience. Of course its not an issue with chipsounds, and we may change that per product.

Maybe you are not looking hard enough.
C:\Program Files\Plogue\Aria\plugins\Ambience_x64.dll
C:\Program Files\Plogue\Aria\plugins\Ambience_x86.dll

Maybe an "empty" function which works really (the UI shows this option) and when we open an saved preset, the possibility to recall correctly ambiance, delay and mod delay's settings ? All these settings go away after we leave the plug and recall it with the same preset.

The settings don't go away if you save. It wont apply to EACH and EVERY preset you look at, unless you modify them all, resave them all.

The UI should not have had this option, this is what you don't understand. The engine doesn't support emptying an effect and recalling.
the

When i read yours messages and yours "Two hard solutions" "I'm not sure what you guys want more." "like you would need for any other VST"", I think you will not make update of this plug.

I am wrong ?

There is an update next week to coincide with chipspeech so you are very wrong.
David Viens,

davidv
Site Admin

Postby davidv » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:30 am

ovnis31 wrote:Is it a joke ?

You know what is more funny? People that think they will get more sympathy by not being nice.

The engine is used by many high end sample libraries, allowing a 10 GB piano to load by default would very much kill
user experience. Of course its not an issue with chipsounds, and we may change that per product.

Maybe you are not looking hard enough.
C:\Program Files\Plogue\Aria\plugins\Ambience_x64.dll
C:\Program Files\Plogue\Aria\plugins\Ambience_x86.dll

The settings don't go away if you save. It wont apply to EACH and EVERY preset you look at, unless you modify them all, resave them all.

The UI should not have had this option, this is what you don't understand. The engine doesn't support emptying an effect and recalling.
the

I am wrong ?

There is an update next week to coincide with chipspeech so you are very wrong.
David Viens,

Return to “chipsounds Bugs and Problems”