Chipsounds plugin gets stuck

Post your bug reports/problems here

Moderators: eric_telemaque, davidv, seb@plogue

monkeymonkey35

Chipsounds plugin gets stuck

Postby monkeymonkey35 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:47 pm

Every now and then I have an instance of Chipsounds that becomes "stuck." If I open up the plugin in question, I'll see that the note is depressed.
The way I fix it is to press a number of new notes until it becomes unstuck. Sometimes I have to turn the arpeggiator off (if the instance has one), and occasionally I have had to reset the instrument. It's really temperamental and there isn't always one single way to fix it.

I run Chipsounds on a macbook pro with Logic X, though this has persisted since Logic 9.
Is this a normal behavior? What can I do to fix it?
Often I have 20+ instances of Chipsounds running on a particular project and it becomes a puzzle to find out which one is making the noise.
Just for reference though, this also happens when I have just 2-3 instances open.

davidv
Site Admin

Re: Chipsounds plugin gets stuck

Postby davidv » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:29 pm

So you are quite certian its linked to the Arpeggiator?
David Viens,
Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
http://www.plogue.com

monkeymonkey35

Postby monkeymonkey35 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:35 pm

No. It happens more frequently with instances that use the arpeggiator, but certainly not just with the arpeggiator. I've been trying to find a pattern..

davidv
Site Admin

Postby davidv » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:48 pm

monkeymonkey35 wrote:No. It happens more frequently with instances that use the arpeggiator, but certainly not just with the arpeggiator. I've been trying to find a pattern..

Seems like the typically hard to reproduce kind. If you find a pattern It would be most helpful!
David Viens,

monkeymonkey35

Postby monkeymonkey35 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:54 pm

Right now I am working with around 40 instances of Chipsounds running. (Not something I do often, but I have good reason) :)

Just one particular instance is causing all of the problems in this project: the LD BigN PMW preset.

Randomly, around every 8-10th hit of play/pause on the project, it will act as if something is triggering a "B5." A glissando with the mouse on the Chipsounds plugin keyboard silences it.

In the end, it's not a huge problem, but it can be a distraction in larger projects.

davidv
Site Admin

Postby davidv » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:14 am

monkeymonkey35 wrote:Right now I am working with around 40 instances of Chipsounds running. (Not something I do often, but I have good reason) :)

Just one particular instance is causing all of the problems in this project: the LD BigN PMW preset.

Randomly, around every 8-10th hit of play/pause on the project, it will act as if something is triggering a "B5." A glissando with the mouse on the Chipsounds plugin keyboard silences it.

In the end, it's not a huge problem, but it can be a distraction in larger projects.

Really strange from the patch i really dont see how this could happen.
If you could provide your project files it would help.
Or a smaller project that exhibits the same thing.
David Viens,

Return to “chipsounds Bugs and Problems”