Ambience Reverb always loads full "on" since 1.669 update

Post your bug reports/problems here

Moderators: eric_telemaque, davidv, seb@plogue

biggiantcircles

Ambience Reverb always loads full "on" since 1.669 update

Postby biggiantcircles » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:52 pm

Hi there,

Ever since updating to the latest version, whenever I load Chipsounds, even when the VST has been saved in it's current project state, the ambience reverb is always turned full on by default and I have to manually shut it off every time an instance of the plugin is loaded. It's this way for every preset.

Using FL Studio 11
Windows 7 x 64

Let me know if you need more info.

davidv
Site Admin

Re: Ambience Reverb always loads full "on" since 1.669 updat

Postby davidv » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:59 am

biggiantcircles wrote:Let me know if you need more info.

Yes what you mean full on, the send level or the return level?
You can't remove ambiance in 1.669
David Viens,
Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
http://www.plogue.com

biggiantcircles

Postby biggiantcircles » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:13 pm

I'm not sure, the parameters don't behave properly so I can't really tell. I typically turn it off by just selecting "Empty" from the Effect Type drop down menu.

I can also set the return to -oo dB but as soon as I select a new patch the buggy ambience returns, regardless of what the settings say (they're all at 0% from when I selected Empty).

*Edit*

I reverted back to version 1.501 and the ambience problem is gone. I reinstalled 1.669 and the ambience is back, so it's definitely a recurring issue for me with the 1.669 installation. I'll render some soundclips so you can hear what I mean.

Here's what a custom arpeggio multi I made sounds like in v1.5
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nc1cf4kulmjlv ... %201-5.mp3

And the same thing in v1.6 when I load it up, with the ambience on.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z5kqir1l7inzr ... %201-6.mp3

It's very puzzling, I can't figure out why it's behaving this way.

eric_telemaque

Postby eric_telemaque » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:50 pm

Hi biggiantcircles,

Can't replicate the bug here.
More so, once I set the reverb return to -oo, all the presets I load sound as dry as a toast.

The only issue I can imagine, is that you'd have presets or projects saved with chipsounds 1.501...
The Ambience on/off button from that version was removed a few versions back, so presets saved in 1.501 with the Ambience button off may not recall properly.

But saving them again in 1.699 with the Return set to -oo should fix the issue (maybe more of a workaround than a fix, tbh).
Éric Patenaude,

biggiantcircles

Postby biggiantcircles » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:42 pm

Thanks for looking into it. I've tried re-saving everything in 1.6 with the volume set to -oo but the problem persists in that every time the plugin is loaded the ambience is always back on regardless, even for non-custom presets.

It's not a *critical* problem, it's just more of an annoyance, b/c in projects that feature many instances of Chipsounds, I just have to manually open each one and individually set the ambience to Empty.

I wish I knew why it were behaving this way. I really love the UI of v1.6, but I might just revert back to 1.5 just so I don't have to worry about it.

eric_telemaque

Postby eric_telemaque » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:52 am

It may not be "critical" to you but it really bums us. We wanna get to the bottom of this.

We'd really need your help to solve this one.

Save a preset with the Ambience turned off (you can save the .ariax file to your desktop so it will be easier to send it to us).
[edit by davidv: and another with ambiance on but with returns at -oo]

Then run the Generate Logs app (Start Menu → All Programs → Plogue → chipsounds → Generate Logs).

Please send us both the ariax and the tar.gz files created on your desktop so we can investigate this further.

Thanks a lot for your help!
Éric Patenaude,

gsirvine

Postby gsirvine » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:21 pm

Yes this is very annoying!! Maybe 1.67 will fix it? I have to select empty on any instances I have running to get rid of the thick reverb. This is every time I open up my DAW. FL studio 11, Windows 8! Pretty please :)

It happens on any preset I make but only after reloading the DAW or if I load it for the first time it defaults with reverb. The interesting thing is that I opened up Abelton live 9 and the same thing. The multiout version and regular version behave with different amounts of reverb. I was also able to repeat this behavior in REAPER 4.6. But the reverb settings are showing the same numbers in every DAW, even though the multi out and regular sound different clearly. Probably has something to do with the nature of multi out? Although the other slots are clear and I even midi channeled over to slot one.

Default settings
Space:
Decay: 48%
Diffusion: 50%
Size: 35%
Predelay: 55ms
Width: 94%
Quality: 50%
Last edited by gsirvine on Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

davidv
Site Admin

Postby davidv » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:40 pm

gsirvine wrote:Yes this is very annoying!! Maybe 1.67 will fix it? I have to select empty on any instances I have running to get rid of the thick reverb. This is everytime I open up my DAW. FL studio 11, Windows 8! Pretty please :)

Even if i force a way to deactivate it, it will come back in any new instance you add.

If you dont use the verb ever You can delete
C:\Program Files\Plogue\Aria\plugins\Ambience_x64.dll
C:\Program Files\Plogue\Aria\plugins\Ambience_x86.dll
David Viens,

gsirvine

Postby gsirvine » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:51 pm

oh wow that was insanely fast support, i was just editing my previous post I will test that out

gsirvine

Postby gsirvine » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:56 pm

Dang I did that and it still throws on the verb. Reloaded my daw, the same. I will restart my system real quick

gsirvine

Postby gsirvine » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:02 pm

Yep works fine after i restarted, thank you so much for your help, that fix will do for me! Great sounding product!

davidv
Site Admin

Postby davidv » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:06 pm

gsirvine wrote:Yep works fine after i restarted, thank you so much for your help, that fix will do for me! Great sounding product!

My pleasure!
David Viens,

Return to “chipsounds Bugs and Problems”