Chipsounds stops responding to modwheel depth (cc1)

Post your bug reports/problems here

Moderators: eric_telemaque, davidv, seb@plogue

LilDeuceDeuce

Chipsounds stops responding to modwheel depth (cc1)

Postby LilDeuceDeuce » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:58 pm

I've been working on a project since May; it's a large session containing about five instantiations of chipsounds (1.669) with 8 patches per instantiation. I'm using chipsounds in a Digital Performer 8.06 session and frequently use modwheel automation to control vibrato. However I've been having a problem throughout the past several months, where the chipsounds plug-ins will stop responding to modwheel automation (midi cc1); even though there's automation written to the track, the sounds will come out flat with no vibrato. If I try to control the plug-ins and play live, it does not respond at all to the modwheel, even though my other plug-ins by other manufacturers still respond to cc1 data.

The only way to fix the issue is to delete the old chipsounds instantiation, create a new chipsounds instantiation, manually re-enter all of the individual patches, and re-route my midi tracks to point to the new instantiation. This fix is only temporary though, as it once again stops responding to cc1 automation after about a week or so each time.

Finally, this isn't a bug report, but I wish there was a way to manually change the range for cc1 depth to make it less responsive; I find the default setting to be really fussy because nudging the modwheel even a tiny bit can result in a massive vibrato.

I love chipsounds and I've been using it for years, so I hope you continue to work on it and improve it because the sounds completely blow me away! I've also bought chipcrusher and bidule, so keep up the good work.

davidv
Site Admin

Re: Chipsounds stops responding to modwheel depth (cc1)

Postby davidv » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:07 am

The LFO is using 4 different CCs:

CC86 for the waveform number
CC76 for frequency
CC1 for depth
and
CC78 for delay.

Any of these could be sent by your automation track and make the mod wheel effect disapear.
You could also check on the modulation page for each of the instances/slots where you are losing modulation, to see if any of these have changed.
IF you find a reproduce-able pattern, please tell us.

As far as adding another CC for the scaling of the depth, its in the pipes for an update
David Viens,
Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
http://www.plogue.com

Return to “chipsounds Bugs and Problems”