davidv
Site Admin

chipcrusher 1.0 is OUT!

Postby davidv » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:12 pm

Head to

http://plogue.com/chipcrusher

For details!
David Viens,
Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
http://www.plogue.com

Deaftone

Re: chipcrusher 1.0 is OUT!

Postby Deaftone » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:03 pm

Thanks. Just bought and it's crazy :) but i noticed that there is no mono version in RTAS format? is it correct?

davidv
Site Admin

Postby davidv » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:24 pm

Deaftone wrote:Thanks. Just bought and it's crazy :) but i noticed that there is no mono version in RTAS format? is it correct?

Yes, but we plan on adding mono in the first important update.
Sorry about this current shortcoming :|
David Viens,

Deaftone

Postby Deaftone » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:57 am

Thanks. For me it's very important because i found this plug very useful for voices: robots, aliens, walkie talkie and etc. and there r many things that i can't do in speakerphone :)

davidv
Site Admin

Postby davidv » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:53 am

Deaftone wrote:Thanks. For me it's very important because i found this plug very useful for voices: robots, aliens, walkie talkie and etc. and there r many things that i can't do in speakerphone :)

Nice. As we mentioned the mono stuff is on the top of the list.
Thanks
David Viens,

Motion

Postby Motion » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:54 pm

Congratulations on the release, totally brilliant.The depth of detail, response and dimensionality from the DACs alone is amazing not to mention the superb noise and post processing options, so much versatility and finesse, from the subtlest hint to full on fat and gristle :twisted: .I guess this may well become the quintessential DAC library.

I have no idea what the Akai samplers used DAC wise but quite a few sounded great (the S612, S1000 would be great for further user corruption), would there be some consideration to simulate these, the Ensoniq Mirage would be most welcome.

Thanks

davidv
Site Admin

Postby davidv » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:37 am

Wow! Thank you VERY VERY much, you should know that reading comments like these after 3 weeks of excruciating bug fixing, is a soul balm.

Motion wrote:I have no idea what the Akai samplers used DAC wise but quite a few sounded great (the S612, S1000 would be great for further user corruption), would there be some consideration to simulate these, the Ensoniq Mirage would be most welcome.

We indeed have a S612, a Mirage, and ESQ1 and ESQm, on top of lots of other stuff. So yeah, i hear you.
David Viens,

Motion

Postby Motion » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:24 am

Your most welcome.

We indeed have a S612, a Mirage, and ESQ1 and ESQm, on top of lots of other stuff. So yeah, i hear you

Thats just great|

Music to my ears :D

jonah

Postby jonah » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:19 am

Chipcrusher is great! I think people that played games as a kid have long known that bit reduction and speakers are the preferred methods of filtering FM and additive synthesis. :lol:

Quick thoughts after initial use:

-Is it normal that Mac Plus uses a lot of CPU? I'm using Logic on a mac and every other option is pretty low use, even when using PWM or PDM, which only have a spike then go down.

-I can't load chipcrusher unless I have an instrument loaded, which is a hassle if I want to set up buses for processing, etc.

-I guess some of the "magic" of the emu comes from the pitch conversion algo, when sampling at high speed and slowing down, is that only re-sampling, or is there anything you can emulate there?

-loading multiple instances of chipcrusher in series doesn't sound as "bad" :lol: as I would expect. I mean if you use the same settings in the DAC, I'd think it'd get worse each time? Maybe I need to listen more closely.

-LFOs and envelopes would be nice, as would a multi-timbral mode similar to chipsounds, where you could run multiple versions in serial and parallel and change the oder of the dac, background noise and processing. :shock:

-What is monotonicity? :oops:

-I saved a lot of money and time as well as prevented clutter not having to search online for old yamaha portastudios. :wink:

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Postby seb@plogue » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:43 am

-I can't load chipcrusher unless I have an instrument loaded, which is a hassle if I want to set up buses for processing, etc.

Because it doesn't show up or because it refuses to load? If it doesn't show up, is this a mono track? chipcrusher is currently stereo only, that will change in the next update.

jonah

Postby jonah » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:16 pm

seb@plogue wrote:

Because it doesn't show up or because it refuses to load? If it doesn't show up, is this a mono track? chipcrusher is currently stereo only, that will change in the next update.

It's a stereo track and It doesn't show up as an option. (bidule does)

Also, if I unload the instrument after I load chipcrusher, I can no longer change any parameters, well the graphics change briefly, but they quickly snap back to what they were.

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Postby seb@plogue » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:25 pm

It's a stereo track and It doesn't show up as an option. (bidule does)

That's weird, if you could give the exact steps to reproduce that would help.

Also, if I unload the instrument after I load chipcrusher, I can no longer change any parameters, well the graphics change briefly, but they quickly snap back to what they were.

That would be because Logic will not call the processing function of the insert effects if there is no instrument on that track.

kirkwoodwest

Postby kirkwoodwest » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:04 pm

Just wanted to say thank you for this great plugin! I love the SP-1200 DAC emulation. Its a perfect addition to my sound. <3

davidv
Site Admin

Postby davidv » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:45 pm

kirkwoodwest wrote:Just wanted to say thank you for this great plugin! I love the SP-1200 DAC emulation. Its a perfect addition to my sound. <3

Thank you, more stuff should come in updates. I really dont even emulate the analog part of the SP1200/SP12, just the Digital side, would be nice to get the full emu one day.

Cheers
David Viens,

Return to “chipcrusher General”