more frequency range of the background noise + keymaping

Post your feature requests/wishlist here

Moderators: eric_telemaque, davidv, seb@plogue

jonah

more frequency range of the background noise + keymaping

Postby jonah » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:49 pm

it's awesome that you can use chip crusher as an innovative synth with the background noise options ,great for drone textures, or throw a compressor or noise gate after it keyed to another signal.

It'd be fun to have more of a frequency range to use and it respond to a key range with me having to MIDI learn.

on a similar note, setting up keymap to resampling is good fun (especially with LPC-1! :)) and it'd make things easier to keep track of if it was part of the preset, instead of MIDI learning, especially when im stacking up a bunch of chip crushers.

maybe have another tab to access "imaginary" controls or functions that aren't realistically possible on the hardware, but sound wicked. :)

thanks for the fantastic program. :)

davidv
Site Admin

Re: more frequency range of the background noise + keymaping

Postby davidv » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:32 am

jonah wrote:it's awesome that you can use chip crusher as an innovative synth with the background noise options ,great for drone textures, or throw a compressor or noise gate after it keyed to another signal.
It'd be fun to have more of a frequency range to use and it respond to a key range with me having to MIDI learn.

The main reason we have limited pitch range is that lots of high frequency whines are LOUD and these seem to appear out of the blue in the audible spectrum if you pitch shift too low.

The best I could do would be to make an update to chipcrusher to add a chipsounds/sforzando compatible SFZ program that allows you to play the noises, whithout needing a redesign of the chipcrusher interface, or to retry MIDI input in every hosts.

jonah wrote:on a similar note, setting up keymap to resampling is good fun (especially with LPC-1! :)) and it'd make things easier to keep track of if it was part of the preset, instead of MIDI learning, especially when im stacking up a bunch of chip crushers.
maybe have another tab to access "imaginary" controls or functions that aren't realistically possible on the hardware, but sound wicked. :)

thanks for the fantastic program. :)

My pleasure.

Being able to play with MIDI with the resampling is something i have planed for a new product (but I have 4 more to do in the mean time lol)
David Viens,
Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
http://www.plogue.com

Return to “chipcrusher Feature Requests”