Click/Pop sounds when automating Resample.

Post your bug reports/problems here

Moderators: eric_telemaque, davidv, seb@plogue

Hektagon

Click/Pop sounds when automating Resample.

Postby Hektagon » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:15 am

Hi David,

Thanks for making such a great and useful plugin; growing up in the 8bit/16bit era I love incorporating Chipcrusher on my productions to add some character.

I have been experimenting with Chipcrusher and Ableton and automating Resample (Dac Resample) to add movement to some sounds but I get a lot of pops and clicks instead of a smooth transition when changing the sample rate. I have tested this on the default Ableton plugin Redux and I get a smooth signal so I do not think the issue is related to Ableton.

I am wondering if this might be a bug of the software (will it be fixed on an update?) and if any of you are also experiencing the same issues.

Cheers.

davidv
Site Admin

Re: Click/Pop sounds when automating Resample.

Postby davidv » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:43 am

Due to the nature of the processing involved, changing the samplerate on the fly is not as easy as with a "simple bitcrusher" there are three samples rates and buffering and latency compensation.. It might end up popping more in ableton live than other hosts, but safe to say automating this parameter is to be use sparingly.

Making this smoother would _no joke_ take months of work.
David Viens,
Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
http://www.plogue.com

Hektagon

Re: Click/Pop sounds when automating Resample.

Postby Hektagon » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:02 pm

davidv wrote:Due to the nature of the processing involved, changing the samplerate on the fly is not as easy as with a "simple bitcrusher" there are three samples rates and buffering and latency compensation.. It might end up popping more in ableton live than other hosts, but safe to say automating this parameter is to be use sparingly.

Making this smoother would _no joke_ take months of work.

Thanks for your reply, I guess I will refrain from using bitrate automation; I understand the amount of work that has been put into the plugin but hopefully sometime in the future you might be able to reprogram it, if you have time of course. Changing the bit rate on the fly is very useful for adding character and movement to a lead or bass and for experimental sounds.
I love the plugin anyway, so I am sure I will find some other uses. :wink: Keep up the great work!

Return to “chipcrusher Bugs and Problems”