Accessibility for blind was broken

Post your sforzando questions here

Moderators: eric_telemaque, davidv

tomecki

Accessibility for blind was broken

Postby tomecki » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:23 am

Hi. In one of discussion list for blind musicians is thread about Sforzando accessibility for blind people. Generally this soft was partially accessible but from some version, we don't remember exact number it isn't. Few users tried to write using contact form but there was no any reply. I'm not a programmer so i can't give you detail instruction how to do it, but as i know it is possible without any visual interface changes.

davidv
Site Admin

Re: Accessibility for blind was broken

Postby davidv » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:53 am

tomecki wrote:Hi. In one of discussion list for blind musicians is thread about Sforzando accessibility for blind people. Generally this soft was partially accessible but from some version, we don't remember exact number it isn't. Few users tried to write using contact form but there was no any reply. I'm not a programmer so i can't give you detail instruction how to do it, but as i know it is possible without any visual interface changes.

Hello and sorry about the communication issue.
We just recently switched to using Direct2D rendering and dropped GDI since that is what Microsoft and the industry are going to
(higher resolution displays or HI DPI aware apps etc).

We don't know what would be involved in fixing the issue,
sforzando being a free product there is also a fixed amount of resources we can allocate for this.

Sorry.
David Viens,
Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
http://www.plogue.com

tomecki

Postby tomecki » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:25 am

Hi. May be good idea will be to make some hotkeys which opens context menu with import etc, be cause this menu is standard, accessible for blind thing. Another good thing will be to make hotkeys to change bank and program. Now it is not comfortable to explore, be cause every time when you wan't to change the program you must go to context menu and select desire bank and program. it is verry annoing when you wan't to explore a new bank.
Generally smost screenreading software has one or few methods to interact with inaccessible software. One of this is api for developers so you can send any text to screenreading software without any interface changes. https://github.com/dkager/tolk is one of libraries which can be used to support many screenreading software used by blind people.

tomecki

Postby tomecki » Sat May 20, 2017 12:22 pm

Hi. Is any chance to get any reply for my last post?

Return to “sforzando”