Feature Request: Display full sound source ID

Post your sforzando questions here

Moderators: eric_telemaque, davidv

freixas

Feature Request: Display full sound source ID

Postby freixas » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:01 pm

When I bring up sforzando, it displays "Instrument: empty". If I left-click on this, I get a menu with a lot of sub-menus. To select a specific soundfont, I might traverse a path like this:

Instrument > Converted > sf2 > some-sf2-file > some-instrument

The Instrument field will now display the instrument name and nothing else. For example, it might say "068_Oboe." But I might have several SF2 files with an instrument labeled with some variant of "Oboe." Sometimes, as I'm trying out different sounds to see which is best, I don't always remember which SF2 file I pulled the sound from. It would be really useful for sforzando to provide this information somewhere, even if I have to bring up an information dialog. The simplest thing would be to display the full path when hovering over the Instrument field.

eric_telemaque

Re: Feature Request: Display full sound source ID

Postby eric_telemaque » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:25 am

freixas wrote: Sometimes, as I'm trying out different sounds to see which is best, I don't always remember which SF2 file I pulled the sound from. It would be really useful for sforzando to provide this information somewhere, even if I have to bring up an information dialog. The simplest thing would be to display the full path when hovering over the Instrument field.

Actually, that's an interesting idea. Chances are we would make it show up on the Info tab along with all the other sfz-related stats rather that with a tooltip.

Meanwhile, don't forget that you can save tour favorites as presets using the Snapshot menu!
Éric Patenaude,
Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
http://www.plogue.com

Return to “sforzando”