Sforzando with Reaper on a portable drive.

Post your sforzando questions here

Moderators: eric_telemaque, davidv

alexakaalex

Sforzando with Reaper on a portable drive.

Postby alexakaalex » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:54 pm

Hi all,

So I've created a portable install of Reaper on an external drive that I can take with me to use on various Win 7 32-bit PCs at my workplaces.

As it's just for sketching ideas out, I didn't want to get bogged down with a vast array of VSTi plugins so Sforzando seemed perfect - I installed it while connected to my studio PC at home with the Standalone and 64bit VSTs installed to my C drive. I then installed just the 32bit vst to my external drive in a folder where my Reaper install could find it. I tested it with the portable Reaper and everything worked fine, with the added bonus that Sforzando 'found' my Alchemy and DimensionPro libraries without even being told :D

However, when I try to use it on other PCs at work, I get messages along the lines of 'install path cannot be found'. I've tried placing copies of the Sforzando dll. in different folder configurations to eliminate that as a problem without any luck.

Could it be that I need to install the main Sforzando application including Standalone to my external drive if I want it to work on other PCs?

Or is there something else I might be missing?

Alex.

eric_telemaque

Re: Sforzando with Reaper on a portable drive.

Postby eric_telemaque » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:09 pm

Hi,

sforzando needs an bunch of stuff that is put on the system drive during the install process. The dll alone cannot be used. :(
Éric Patenaude,
Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
http://www.plogue.com

alexakaalex

Re: Sforzando with Reaper on a portable drive.

Postby alexakaalex » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:42 pm

Hi Eric,

Thanks for replying so quickly :)

That's such a shame :(
But much as I feared.

I've found another sfz player that works, but it's not as nice as Sforzando, and it won't open my DimensionPro sfz files (which all use .flac instead of .wav for the samples). I'll get by, but being able to use Sforzando would have been much nicer!

Thanks for saving me endless hours trying to get it to work :D

Return to “sforzando”