Yamaha KX25 controller and Sforzando

Post your sforzando questions here

Moderators: eric_telemaque, davidv

Pauly

Yamaha KX25 controller and Sforzando

Postby Pauly » Tue May 16, 2017 3:23 pm

I have another question and please let me know if this ought to be under the "sfz programming" section.

I use a Yamaha KX25 midi controller which is great because it is so light and tiny. It has a number of controls on it : cutoff, resonance, pan and level along with assignable controls. (it also has a whole transport section which works with cubase, sonar etc. but I am a reaper guy) I don't care about transport section as I use my NANOKONTROL for that.

Anyways, fiddling one day and I discovered that the "pan" and "level" knobs on the kx25 perfectly control those very aspects in sforzando which is kinda nice! What I am wondering is how I might go about programming (there's that word again) the other knobs to affect other parameters. I get the feeling that this can be done in the text editor which I need to become more familiar with.

Any ideas would be appreciated, even somebody who perhaps has used the same controller.

Pauly

Pauly

Re: Yamaha KX25 controller and Sforzando

Postby Pauly » Tue May 16, 2017 3:43 pm

I may have figure it out, could probably delete thread

eric_telemaque

Re: Yamaha KX25 controller and Sforzando

Postby eric_telemaque » Tue May 16, 2017 3:55 pm

Both the kx25 and sforzando comply to MIDI standards regarding Continuous Controllers (MIDI CC).

So the kx25 knobs sends messages CC1 for the modwheel, CC7 for Volume, CC10 for pan, CC74 for Cutoff and CC71 for Resonance. You can probably assign different CC param numbers for the knobs as well.

Almost any parameter in a sfz file can be modulated using MIDI CC. It is very flexible when you get the hang of it.
Éric Patenaude,
Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
http://www.plogue.com

Return to “sforzando”