Jumping window problem

Post your sforzando questions here

Moderators: eric_telemaque, davidv

Dektiv

Jumping window problem

Postby Dektiv » Thu May 25, 2017 7:06 pm

Hello guys. So, I'm using sforzando for quite a while, amazing VST, I have not made any changes to my hardware, but suddenly, sforzando started to act... Weird. Of course I have reinstalled the plugin. Thing is, that when I load a SFZ file, the interface is jumping from empty to loaded instrument, and this wont't allow me to change any settings. Sound is fine, just this glitchy jump is making it impossible, to adjust pedals or anything else. Any solution to this? Thanks in advance!

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Re: Jumping window problem

Postby seb@plogue » Fri May 26, 2017 8:50 am

I'm not sure what you mean by jumping. Controls do not draw? do not respond? the entire window just moves around?

Dektiv

Postby Dektiv » Fri May 26, 2017 7:00 pm

thank you for your reply. Let's say, that you have a empty window, just after opening sforzando. No SFZ file loaded. Then, when I load a SFZ (I tried a lot of them, to double check if it's not a problem with SFZ itself), in a glitchy way, sforzando starts jumping, like every 0.5 second, from loaded SFZ to empty, clean sforzando (interface-wise). For 0.5 second you have fresh, empty sforzando, for another 0.5 second you have my loaded SFZ file, and because of this "jumps", it's impossible to change any settings on actual loaded SFZ file. Though, sound itself is alright.

pljones

Postby pljones » Sat May 27, 2017 2:32 am

This sounds like Sforzando is seeing the content of the SFZ changing. How do you store your SFZs and samples?

Dektiv

Postby Dektiv » Sat May 27, 2017 5:02 am

Interesting point. Well, I have a folder SFZ where all of my SFZ files are stored, and inside this folder, there are subfolders with samples for each SFZ instrument separately. The folder is on my HDD, not pendrive/external drive. I will try to move the folder around a bit and check this out.

seb@plogue
Site Admin

Postby seb@plogue » Sat May 27, 2017 7:20 am

When loading a .sfz file, sforzando will use the OS-provided functions to monitor changes to that file so it can reload it when it changes (i.e. when you are doing edits). If this continuously happen without you making any changes we would need more information to try to figure out the problem: OS, OS version, format type of the partition showing the problem, does it happen on other partitions/drives? (if you have any).

Generating logs and sending us the resulting file would also help:
http://ariaengine.com/faq/index.php?solution_id=1093

Dektiv

Postby Dektiv » Sat May 27, 2017 2:49 pm

It's a Windows 10, standard 640 GB HDD (one of the faster ones), I'm using only one partition, c://, tested in Reaper, Studio One, and FL Studio, all of my VST and samples/wav are stored in the same folder, attached generated log, as requested (indeed there is frequently occurring display refresh in sforzando txt file). Oh, and important note - I've tested this with a really small SFZ, like poor quality flute with 12 waves, and heavy piano SFZ with hundreds of waves, result is the same. I really do appreciate your support, I even thought about changing SFZ player, but... Sforzando is the best I had :)
Attachments
Aria logs D.tar.gz
(40.29 KiB) Downloaded 20 times

davidv
Site Admin

Postby davidv » Mon May 29, 2017 12:02 pm

Dektiv wrote:It's a Windows 10, standard 640 GB HDD (one of the faster ones), I'm using only one partition, c://, tested in Reaper, Studio One, and FL Studio, all of my VST and samples/wav are stored in the same folder, attached generated log, as requested (indeed there is frequently occurring display refresh in sforzando txt file). Oh, and important note - I've tested this with a really small SFZ, like poor quality flute with 12 waves, and heavy piano SFZ with hundreds of waves, result is the same. I really do appreciate your support, I even thought about changing SFZ player, but... Sforzando is the best I had :)

Hi this is weird.
The logs do not say anything conclusive.
Was the log generated right after this happened? (Note logs get overwriten each session).
So you are saying it happends on all those DAWs? Does it happen with the Standalone sforzando_x64.exe as well?

A video of what happens might help us too.
Weird!
David Viens,
Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
http://www.plogue.com

Dektiv

Postby Dektiv » Mon May 29, 2017 3:52 pm

Thank you very much for your reply David! Appreciated.
Okay, I have attached logs, which were generated right after this video:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-RKi ... FI4dkI1U2s

Standaolne version is behaving in the same way, both x64 and x86 version. Strange thing is, that I have not made any changes to my hardware, DAWs were working with Sforzando without any problems in the past, and nothing was reinstalled, just one day, it started to happen. Oh, sorry for the quality of video, it's about 7 frames per second, couldn't configure desktop recorder correctly, and I wanted to send you a reply asap, but the problem is clearly visible :) Yup, it is weird.

Cheers!
Attachments
Aria logs D.tar.gz
(10.65 KiB) Downloaded 22 times

davidv
Site Admin

Postby davidv » Tue May 30, 2017 10:56 am

Incredibly weird.
Starting to think the video driver is wonking up on us.
Its hard to tell from the low frame rate, but when running live do the lower right pedals actually visibly disappear?
Maybe a movie with a phone or something might be best to judge.

Can you try to check if there are updated video drivers for your "AMD A6-3420M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics"?
thanks!
David Viens,

Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.

http://www.plogue.com

Return to “sforzando”