How to make sf2 file act like a dls file in FLStudio

Post your sforzando questions here

Moderators: eric_telemaque, davidv

Rota

How to make sf2 file act like a dls file in FLStudio

Postby Rota » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:58 pm

Hello!

Someone told me I could use Plogue Sforzando to "wrap up my sf2 and make it act like a dls" in FLStudio.

I tried dragging Sforzando on the channels and then dragging my sf2-file to Sforzando, but the right instruments still aren't playing. Is this the wrong way to do it? Can someone tell me what the right way is, or if this is even possible?

Thank you :D

davidv
Site Admin

Re: How to make sf2 file act like a dls file in FLStudio

Postby davidv » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:19 am

Rota wrote:Hello!

Someone told me I could use Plogue Sforzando to "wrap up my sf2 and make it act like a dls" in FLStudio.

I tried dragging Sforzando on the channels and then dragging my sf2-file to Sforzando, but the right instruments still aren't playing. Is this the wrong way to do it? Can someone tell me what the right way is, or if this is even possible?

Hi

First sforzando will never act completely like a native FL device as its a VST plugin.
Second importing SF2's in sforzando works for the majority of cases, but you only get one sound and no MIDI program change feature.

Cheers
David Viens,
Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
http://www.plogue.com

Rota

Postby Rota » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:58 pm

davidv wrote:
Rota wrote:Hello!

Hi

First sforzando will never act completely like a native FL device as its a VST plugin.
Second importing SF2's in sforzando works for the majority of cases, but you only get one sound and no MIDI program change feature.

Cheers

Thanks for your swift reply! What do you mean by "you only get one sound"?

I figure I should explain what exactly I want to do:
I have a midi file and an sf2 file. I want the song to play with the right instruments, and for that I need Sforzando to wrap up my sf2 and make it act like a dls. Can you help me do this?

davidv
Site Admin

Postby davidv » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:07 am

Thanks for your swift reply! What do you mean by "you only get one sound"?

I figure I should explain what exactly I want to do:
I have a midi file and an sf2 file. I want the song to play with the right instruments, and for that I need Sforzando to wrap up my sf2 and make it act like a dls. Can you help me do this?

What I mean is that sforzando is monotimbral, even though you can convert/import SF2 files you will only be able to play one sound at once,.Even loading 16 instances of sforzando in FL will not make it work with GM MIDI files as these require the support of program changes as well.

I'm afraid this is not a solution for you.

Cheers
David Viens,

Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.

http://www.plogue.com

NTO

Postby NTO » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:09 pm

Sorry it's not sforzando :oops: :cry:

There may be other convertors but, here's a test I ran that works
Use Extreme Sample Convertor http://www.extranslator.com/ to convert your sound font to DLS bank. Import the midi file into FLS, allowing the Insert LSD option.
2017-08-16_FLS_LSD_Allow.png
2017-08-16_FLS_LSD_Allow.png (41.49 KiB) Viewed 222 times

When it's loaded, click the folder icon on LSD and import your DLS file. It handles the PCs.
2017-08-16_FLS_DLS_in_LSD.png
2017-08-16_FLS_DLS_in_LSD.png (36.74 KiB) Viewed 222 times

Return to “sforzando”