Help with Sforzando

Post your sforzando questions here

Moderators: eric_telemaque, davidv

jonfun68

Help with Sforzando

Postby jonfun68 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:06 pm

Ok. I have recently downloaded and installed Sforzando.

Windows 7 - 4GB Ram - AMD C-50 1.00GHz - 64 bit O/S
DAW - Tracktion 5

On my desktop, two icons are on the screen. One for 32, and a second one for 64 bit computers. Is this correct?

I tried to use the standalone desktop version first. I dragged and dropped the 'compifont' soundfont onto Sforzando. whenever I use the keyboard on screen (I do not have a MIDI keyboard) I hear a horrible sound - as if all of the sounds are playing together. Is there a way to hear each individual soundfont, or is it not possible?

My guess is that the 'standalone' version of Sforzando is where all of the editing of the individual instruments will take place, then in a DAW, each instance can load an instrument for each track - however, how can the standalone version play a MIDI file?

I don't know if I am making much sense here, sorry. At the moment, just have a mishmash of noise. :(

davidv
Site Admin

Re: Help with Sforzando

Postby davidv » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:37 am

Hello

The standalone (32/64) sofrzando exe is really only meant for .. standalone work, it has the same feature as its plugin counterpart minus the midi file playback and audio recording both of which we consider 'extra's.

The noises you are hearing are possibly due to a driver not meant for audio work.
Please head to ASIO4ALL.com and install this driver, then switch to it in the sforzando prefs.

The noises should not be there using sforzando in Tracktion if it is configured for audio correctly.

Regards.
David Viens,
Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
http://www.plogue.com

jonfun68

Re: Help with Sforzando

Postby jonfun68 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:53 am

Many thanks. I downloaded the asio drivers, and the sound is now clear.

I will be posting with my next question soon.

:)

Return to “sforzando”